My New Car

Soldato
OP
Little update... cars still ticking along nicely, just about to tip over 60k miles (~37k when i bought it) and just been in for an oil service.....

In line with all the chat of wheels and tyres, the dreaded 225M cracked wheel has raised its ugly head during routine checks. One rear is cracked in two places on the inner rim, but fortunately the wheel has no physical damage and has passed the runout test. So, whilst I am £535 out of pocket currently, hopefully BMW should be refunding it once approved.

Fingers crossed.

Soldato
Little update... cars still ticking along nicely, just about to tip over 60k miles (~37k when i bought it) and just been in for an oil service.....

In line with all the chat of wheels and tyres, the dreaded 225M cracked wheel has raised its ugly head during routine checks. One rear is cracked in two places on the inner rim, but fortunately the wheel has no physical damage and has passed the runout test. So, whilst I am £535 out of pocket currently, hopefully BMW should be refunding it once approved.

Fingers crossed.

My 325D went in for a service 2 months ago and BMW they rang to say one of the rears is cracked - we've ordered a new wheel & come get your car tomorrow.

No arguments no nothing - just sorted.

Soldato
OP
Somewhat strangely, BMW have come back today and offered to pay 80% towards the wheel, leaving me to pay £110 from the £535 bill. Going to go back and have them justify that amount, as I dont see why I should pay anything towards it. Sounds like they're plucking figures out of the air.

Soldato
Red leather :O

That's such a beautiful car, congratulations :D I hope it drives as well as it looks!

I'm after an E46 330ci with red leather atm, literally none about :(

Soldato
Hmm i'm following this issue with the 225s with interest. Is the car still under AUC warranty, or is it the monthly/yearly BMW warranty, or neither? Obviously it's a known issue and I'm waiting for it to be flagged on my car, whether its next month or 2 years down the line! Would be interested to see how it's handled.

Cheers

Tom.

alx

alx

Soldato
Somewhat strangely, BMW have come back today and offered to pay 80% towards the wheel, leaving me to pay £110 from the £535 bill. Going to go back and have them justify that amount, as I dont see why I should pay anything towards it. Sounds like they're plucking figures out of the air.

Any update?

Soldato
They are funny, they paid 100% for the 2 cracked rims on my wifes car but would not pay anything for the creaked rim on my car.

I gave up in the end and put on a seat of MV3's.

Associate
I sold my e92 a few weeks ago, same spec but in met silver black leather 35k miles, I let it go for a tad under 17k.....thinking now that I should've held out for more!!

I too had the dreaded problem of cracked alloys, also had to replace all 4 tyres after the inner edge got down to the beading after 10000 miles. Nice car to drive but has too many little problems like that.

Soldato
I sold my e92 a few weeks ago, same spec but in met silver black leather 35k miles, I let it go for a tad under 17k.....thinking now that I should've held out for more!!

I too had the dreaded problem of cracked alloys, also had to replace all 4 tyres after the inner edge got down to the beading after 10000 miles. Nice car to drive but has too many little problems like that.

i just paid £16.5k for an 07 51k mile 335D m sport coupe in LM blue with black leather, so 17k for a private sale isnt too bad! Although i did get a good deal according to the book value :)

Soldato
17k you did well if it was a 07 car.

I only wanted 15k for my 335i E92 with 32k on it and found that I did not have much interest.

Fox, has your one sold now?

Back
Top Bottom