My new F30 320d Sport

Pug

Pug

Soldato
Yes its a boring diesel, but i took delivery of my new company f30 320d this week. I opted for the sport, white, upgraded to heated seats, black rear tints (for the little lad, honest) and the Harman Kardon Logic 7 audio system.

Happy to answer any questions, but overall i'm very pleased.

Nice and spacious, good looks (imo) well specc'd out (the HK audio is very nice). Drive is very good (my first BM), powers out of bends very well, though the power band is only small. It does pull very well for a 184 PS or whatever it is. Seat coverings are a bit average (coming from Alfa Romeo leather), wind noise is average too, as is engine noise in the cabin.

There are some quality touches throughout the car, which may be new on the f30 or standard beemer fare, but overall I'm very happy and will enjoy spending time in the cabin. One question is there an easy way to get my iphone library up on the screen, and if so what do i need to do it? I have a USB and aux in the centre console, but having tried a standard iphone cable this has no effect, and lists it as unsupported in iDrive.

Last edited:

Pug

Pug

Soldato
OP
Hi guys I'll get some up later - it's hemmed in as we're having some work done at the mo.

I haven't seen any of these yet, plenty of the new (not sure how new?) of the 5's.

Thanks for the guide to the cable, will give it a go.

Any specific photo/angles?

Pug

Pug

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;21642959 said:
White :(

It's a 320d not a 911 parked in Santa Barbara :(

Rest sounds nice though :p

Just noticed this - the white was no extra, and so paid for the upgraded alloys. Black was the only other non-charge option but it didn't suit the car imo

I would have paid for a colour, but aside from the red I thought white was one of the best - and the red will be too common.

Last edited:

Pug

Pug

Soldato
OP
i don't want wood in my car though. And whilst white cars will be more common, i fear the red tat BMW are promoting will be the common colour for this car.

Anyway, just popped out so grabbed some phone pics:

21648933.jpg

64498786.jpg

23239432.jpg

23022633.jpg

52615380.jpg

49173198.jpg

Pug

Pug

Soldato
OP
Nope too costly an upgrade tbh, as with Xenons. Budgeted myself £1000 for upgrades, I'd have gone for 19s over nav tbh, I mostly know where I'm headed and plenty of options on my phone when I get lost.

Pug

Pug

Soldato
OP
Endless sky - you'll be very happy with it I'm sure.

Bizarrely the red lines don't offend me, though I spend most of my time looking out the window! I very nearly spec'd the piano black instead of the red line, but thought if its in the seat stitching and wheel stitching I may as well keep it.

I think I'd prefer the silver trim option versus piano black - shows up marks etc. as for the wheels, these were a compromise. I wanted 19s like my previous car, but they were £1000 on their own. These look bigger than standard spec, and we're nearer £450. But overall she's a beaut!

As for the front shut lines I agree, not optimal, tho the front does look more aggressive than the old models which I like. The wider/shorter rear lights give the car a wider stance too I think.

Disco boy - your input is invaluable. Not.

Last edited:

Pug

Pug

Soldato
OP
Why got out of your way to explicitly put down somebody's new car? :confused:

I'm not suggesting you shouldn't have an objective opinion, but outwardly just putting it down without any other input....?

Seems its the motors way (or at least some posters), but it's ok I expected it and can cry myself to sleep with it on my drive :)

Last edited:

Pug

Pug

Soldato
OP
It's like someone has smashed an iPad into the dash tbh, and walked away thinking job well done. It's positioned to the driver slightly, which is quite nice I suppose.

I have to say I've turned it off more often than not as it doesn't really tell me anything I need to know, until I need to know, at which point i'll turn the dial and it's back to life anyway.

Regarding the nav/HDD music - I'd rather keep one device upto date than lots - which is why integrating my iPhone would be important - its what I've done with most rooms and devices in my house.

Pug

Pug

Soldato
OP
Which if it's a company car you won't see :)

Depends how much it adds on per month I guess as to if it's worth it.

Exactly. For me, my monthly lease allowance was maxed on the car and the wheels, everything else has to be paid up front, which was £950-ish. The Xenons would have been £500-ish out of my pocket. If you take into account the Then BIK I pay monthly as tax, this will be around £320 including private fuel, as the fact my wife no longer works to care for our baby, we're having a new kitchen being fitted currently without debt and the mortgage on the new house is a **** load means tbh, I'll live without the £500 Xenons, as it will pay for my kitchen floor to be tiled!

Pug

Pug

Soldato
OP
yep the smoking thing is a tax disc holder and is already removed for a better one.

And it is indeed tesco hinckley!

Regarding speccing a car - i spend a LOT of time in my car, so i wanted the things i enjoy. The extravagance was the stereo, but its worth it. The wheels were a compromise, not too much to hurt, but better than standard. The rest were cosmseitc or comfort based.

The red line can be removed, but its in the sticthing, so otherwise may look a bit weird witrhout it.

I also agree the bonnet grill gap is unsightly, and screaming to be fixed - but whats the option, have a passat instead? :p

Pug

Pug

Soldato
OP
The wheel comment was that cosmetically the 19s were what I wanted, but these were a reasonable compromise (someone earlier said they wouldn't waste money on company wheels)

The passat comment was in jest; I've owned a passat, an A3, A4 and Alfa 159 Ti - I wanted a different car and despite some peculiarities (screen & bonnet shut) I'm chuffed :)

I don't mind feedback, positive or negative, it doesn't interfere with my ownership, if my posts have suggested otherwise then my bad.

Pug

Pug

Soldato
OP
Every car has faults, but sweeping comments like the car feels cheap are just wrong. I'd agree with fox the plastic around the centre con is iffy, but the build quality and general finish of most of the car is certainly comparable to old models and the competition.

Pug

Pug

Soldato
OP
Thats why its my opinion, I think it feels cheap, the A5/A4 feels better screwed together and the dash etc are nicer for example. Its not my car and I won't be buying one, if your happy with it great, I'm just expressing my opinion.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but yours disagrees with everyone else I've spoken to! But fair enough

Back
Top Bottom