My new F30 320d Sport

Soldato
Dont suppose anyone knows what sort of discount BMW London do for forces/police? I have signed up to the website but it offers no pricing so have to ring the sales line and I really cant be arsed with that.

Pug

Pug

Soldato
OP
Every car has faults, but sweeping comments like the car feels cheap are just wrong. I'd agree with fox the plastic around the centre con is iffy, but the build quality and general finish of most of the car is certainly comparable to old models and the competition.

Soldato
Every car has faults, but sweeping comments like the car feels cheap are just wrong. I'd agree with fox the plastic around the centre con is iffy, but the build quality and general finish of most of the car is certainly comparable to old models and the competition.

Thats why its my opinion, I think it feels cheap, the A5/A4 feels better screwed together and the dash etc are nicer for example. Its not my car and I won't be buying one, if your happy with it great, I'm just expressing my opinion.

Pug

Pug

Soldato
OP
Thats why its my opinion, I think it feels cheap, the A5/A4 feels better screwed together and the dash etc are nicer for example. Its not my car and I won't be buying one, if your happy with it great, I'm just expressing my opinion.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but yours disagrees with everyone else I've spoken to! But fair enough

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Personally I thought the interior in places felt cheap, and the door surronds and general build of the doors felt a significant steep down from the E90.
I totally agree.

The door pull feels shockingly cheap, and on the model I played with in the dealer, the plastic overlapped a little and if you rolled your hand around it it wasn't flush.
The plastics are cheap in places. It's certainly nowhere near E46 standards, that's for sure!

Soldato
I was referring to the door feel being a step down from the E90 rather than the whole car and to me the outer door trim on the B pillar felt awfully flimsy.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I was referring to the door feel being a step down from the E90 rather than the whole car and to me the outer door trim on the B pillar felt awfully flimsy.
Sorry for the ninja, but I do agree with what you're saying.
I can totally understand why though. Lighter plastics, cheaper plastics.
No point over-engineering a car which will be mainly driven in 2.0 diesel, boggo-trim form up and down Europe's motorways.

Back
Top Bottom