my NEW LG 3D tv / monitor (pics included )

Soldato
OP
just noticed that the bbci player app has finaly been activated.
the sound is to low to listen to though even at full whack.
anyone else with this tv care to check this ?
i'm on software version 3.20.30.

Associate
Hi sprouts sorry to hear about the light bleed.
makes sure in the picture settings " motion eye care " is off as this can alter
certain parts of the screen to go bright and dark, god knows why they do this.
after hours and hours of testing i went for the " vibrant " picture setting but turned the colour down to 65 and popped brightness to 45 and sharpness to 30.
hopefuly its the " motion eye care " thats made the left hand side bleed.
if not i spose you could complain to curry's and tell them you seen a friends set and it doesnt have this issue.

Well sadly mine did go back as the light bleed was too bad.

In real world use it is rarely noticeable but for an expensive TV (for it's size) I could not accept it :(

It is a shame as the picture quality was excellent.

Noticing some users comments on here about various processing rates (60 Hz 120Hz) etc; in my experience it mostly down to the implementation. i.e a well implemented 60 may be better than a poor higher rate. Also we all see things different :)

Don't let my experience put people off, it is a cracking bit of kit :cool:

As an aside, I could have picked one of these up in person at a Curry's 10 miles from my home, HOWEVER Curry's return policy for items bought from a shop can only be returned if unopened or faulty. OK, mine had a fault but that could have been a painful, subjective debate in a well lit store!

If ordered online for delivery you are covered by the distance selling regs and can return with ease ;)

Soldato
OP
Well sadly mine did go back as the light bleed was too bad.

In real world use it is rarely noticeable but for an expensive TV (for it's size) I could not accept it :(

It is a shame as the picture quality was excellent.

Noticing some users comments on here about various processing rates (60 Hz 120Hz) etc; in my experience it mostly down to the implementation. i.e a well implemented 60 may be better than a poor higher rate. Also we all see things different :)

Don't let my experience put people off, it is a cracking bit of kit :cool:

As an aside, I could have picked one of these up in person at a Curry's 10 miles from my home, HOWEVER Curry's return policy for items bought from a shop can only be returned if unopened or faulty. OK, mine had a fault but that could have been a painful, subjective debate in a well lit store!

If ordered online for delivery you are covered by the distance selling regs and can return with ease ;)

oh that is a shame.
are you going to chance another one or have you been scared off? lol

Associate
Lovely looking monitor really like the looks of this ... have you played any Xbox 360 games in 3d on it? Do the limited Xbox titles that are 3d work on it? Also and sorry to be a pain with lots of questions do pc titles work in 3d on it too?

Thanks in advance :)

Soldato
I'm thinking of getting this, or the cheaper (same screen?) LG 27" 27MS53V, solely for TV usage.

I'll mainly be watching TV through it, but I also will be watching some Sky via a digitsender via the scart port.

Are you able to comment on :-
1) General TV (HD) quality?
2) The screen is matt and not shiny (reflective)?
3) What's the EPG and menu like? Quick? I know some TVs are very slow and clunky.
4) Have you fed in any analog sources? eg: A video recorder over scart or something? How did it fair?
5) The audio appears good on paper, 2x7w. I'm not expecting amazing things, but for a bedroom is the volume/clarity good enough?
6) Any other opinions/thoughts?

Thanks...

Soldato
OP
I'm thinking of getting this, or the cheaper (same screen?) LG 27" 27MS53V, solely for TV usage.

I'll mainly be watching TV through it, but I also will be watching some Sky via a digitsender via the scart port.

Are you able to comment on :-
1) General TV (HD) quality?
2) The screen is matt and not shiny (reflective)?
3) What's the EPG and menu like? Quick? I know some TVs are very slow and clunky.
4) Have you fed in any analog sources? eg: A video recorder over scart or something? How did it fair?
5) The audio appears good on paper, 2x7w. I'm not expecting amazing things, but for a bedroom is the volume/clarity good enough?
6) Any other opinions/thoughts?

Thanks...

Sorry for the delay only just seen your reply.

1) General TV (HD) quality?: The built in freeview HD looks stunning, not tried the built in freesatHD. SkyHD looks very very good also.

2) The screen is matt and not shiny (reflective)? it's glossy. not as reflective as some tv's.

3) What's the EPG and menu like? Quick? I know some TVs are very slow and clunky.: not really used it as i have skyHD (you can record tv to an external hard drive if you wish.

4) Have you fed in any analog sources? eg: A video recorder over scart or something? How did it fair? only analog source i've seen is the built in none freeviewHD channels and depending on the channel can look rather good.

5) The audio appears good on paper, 2x7w. I'm not expecting amazing things, but for a bedroom is the volume/clarity good enough?: the built in speakers are fine and one of the presets is "clear voice" so dialog is clear. i have mine connected to a speaker system.

obviousy i am biased because i bought the tv and its my baby :D but its nothing short of stunning. how it fairs with a digisender is anyone guess but i spose no worse than other tv's in its class.
the computer/ laptop hooked up to it is lovely.
it says in the listings it has 3 HDMI's but its actualy 2 so be careful if thats an issue for you. the built in web browser is very fast and easy to use with the magic remote (pointer). its also plays "every"movie file (usb or network ) including our friend .mkv ;)

I cant comment on the cheaper version but there must be a reason its cheaper so choose that at your own risk.
best tv i've ever owned, good luck in your choice.

Soldato
^^ Can you definately get to Netflix through it?

I had a look at one in a shop and was put off by the glossy screen, so preferred the cheaper model without the glossy finish. Unfortunately it has a black plastic version of the lovely stand, and no Smart remote :(

Soldato
OP
^^ Can you definately get to Netflix through it?

I had a look at one in a shop and was put off by the glossy screen, so preferred the cheaper model without the glossy finish. Unfortunately it has a black plastic version of the lovely stand, and no Smart remote :(

yes netflix and iplayer good to go. even a free trial of Nowtv powered by sky.
only you can judge how reflective screen will be in regards to position etc.
my window is behind the screen so its a none issue for me. i can have a light on above and theres no reflection though :)

Soldato
yes netflix and iplayer good to go. even a free trial of Nowtv powered by sky.
only you can judge how reflective screen will be in regards to position etc.
my window is behind the screen so its a none issue for me. i can have a light on above and theres no reflection though :)
We have window(s) on the opposide side of the room at just the same level as the TV will be, and prob the appropriate angle too :rolleyes:

What do you think of the magic remote? (ie: My cheaper version won't come with it)

Soldato
OP
We have window(s) on the opposide side of the room at just the same level as the TV will be, and prob the appropriate angle too :rolleyes:

What do you think of the magic remote? (ie: My cheaper version won't come with it)

the magic remote is a god send and i couldnt use a tv without it now.
if the tv is in the bedroom i spose you could always close them almost shut while viewing. after all its a bedroom not a living room :D

Soldato
OP
Grrr! Damn you!

And what do you really use it for in practice (that a normal remote can't do sufficiently well)?

i thing i like to use it the most for is surfing the net in bed lol.
but even down to switching imputs as i use mine for pc monitor also or console.
this tv is up there with high end bigger screens but also manages to be a great pc monitor. it took me 3 years to find a good tv like this.
and it was worth the wait.

Soldato
i thing i like to use it the most for is surfing the net in bed lol.
but even down to switching imputs as i use mine for pc monitor also or console.
this tv is up there with high end bigger screens but also manages to be a great pc monitor. it took me 3 years to find a good tv like this.
and it was worth the wait.

How far do you sit away from it when browsing (in bed)? Surely the text would be too small to see more than 4-5ft away?

Back
Top Bottom