My new Mondeo Zetec - Im so excited - Pics Included

Soldato
Following on from my previous thread on which Mondeo to get, with thanks to everyone who posted for their help and advice, it really did help.

I am now the proud owner of:

FORD MONDEO ZETEC '00 Black
1988CC Petrol
£1,495

A good price?

Pics:

2.JPG

3.JPG

It does need a good clean which it will have had when I collect next week. Ive never driven a Ford before and for some reason was prejudiced against them although have to say, it was a very nice drive and felt very comfortable. The brakes were a little iffy so the garage is replacing them.

The biggest car had previously is a 1.4 M Reg Astra :)

Tesla said:
Areas of concern:
Air Con only working on speed 1 & 4. Excellent haggling point as it's an easy fix and costs about £20 in parts. Make sure it blows nice and cold- if it doesnt and is broken then it usually costs £500+ to fix.

Thanks for the above tip.

I tried the aircon and the rear window wiper comes on and attempts to squirt water on the window. This is the same for all settings :) Garage said they would fix.

Soldato
snap! we have the same car, but mines only a 1.8.

Last year i paid £1800 for my car which had 65K on the clock.

Did yours come with 12 months mot and tax?

Nice car, keep it clean! Also did all zetecs come with traction and abs?

Soldato
OP
Tesla said:
I have NEVER heard of that problem! Are you sure you are switching the air con on?

It was definitely the air-con. They agreed it was a fault and they would fix it before I pick it up. Made me laugh though as the guy didnt believe me when I told him.

Tesla said:
Also, why did you pay asking price for it?
Good question.

It is coming with 12 months MOT, 6 months tax and a new set of brake discs are being fitted. Any ideas how much a complete set will cost?

I did have to ask for the Tax but as I really liked the car and was happy with the price, I couldnt be bothered to barter as I was worried incase he took the dice away :p

Third Opinion said:
Those dice have got to go.

Hell no :p

S@njay said:
snap! we have the same car
Did yours come with 12 months mot and tax?

As above, I got 12 months MOT and 6 months Tax.

I really like the colour and the little spoiler, not sure why though.

Soldato
Matt82 said:
with all due respect, were you joking when you said you were "so excited"? :confused:

Bit harsh!

A new car for anyone is exciting, i even get excited when i finnish my coco pops so i can drink the chocolate milk.

Soldato
Gilly said:
Quite an upgrade. Better make, better car, newer, much faster, much nicer to drive...

i accept that, but it is changing transport for transport, like saying a cheese sandwich is an upgrade from a jam sandwich, its still only transport

Man of Honour
Matt82 said:
i accept that, but it is changing transport for transport, like saying a cheese sandwich is an upgrade from a jam sandwich, its still only transport

Only in the same way your Golf is. Mondeos are suprisingly great to drive. I thoroughly enjoyed mine and it was far more than 'just transport'.

Soldato
Matt82 said:

So I'm guessing if you went from a 1.1 Fiesta to an Impreza WRX, it'd still be 'just transport'?

Man of Honour
Matt82 said:
Wouldn't you be excited at trading in something scuzzy like a Rover or an Alfa for a Lambo or Ferrari? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom