My Silverstone Foretress Build

Soldato
2-3.jpg

The only thing putting me off this case is the position of the window. I don't like the idea of seeing the drive cages through it... if it were just a smidge further back... :o

Loving it otherwise :D Every pic I see pushes me closed to the 'buy' button :)

Soldato
Pack of 100 black cable ties for £1.99, pack of 100 small posts (black ;)) just over a fiver. That should last a while :eek:

Looks like my new build is a go, just as soon as I get the paperwork back to V12 ;)

Fortress here I come :D

Soldato
OP
hey again:)

had some time on my hands today so decided to go ahead and do the finishing touches.

Ive taken the top HD cage out, braided(only the visible bit) and re-routed the sata cable at the top, and re-routed/braided the sound card cables :)

took a while to re-wire etc but was worth it in the end i think.

pics:

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

I think it looks much better than before, im happy with it for now.

:)

Last edited:
Associate
That's looking really good Ed. Just a quick question, are you using an extension cable for the EPS/ATX12V 8-4 pin? I'm seriously thinking of getting this case and also a Corsair HX520W and was just wondering if all the cables will reach or whether any extension cables would be needed?

Soldato
That's looking really good Ed. Just a quick question, are you using an extension cable for the EPS/ATX12V 8-4 pin? I'm seriously thinking of getting this case and also a Corsair HX520W and was just wondering if all the cables will reach or whether any extension cables would be needed?

Look closely at the pic of the rear of his motherboard, you can see that he has indeed used an extension.

I used one too with my Zalman. Could probably have stretched it, but the extension makes it much easier to work with.

Back
Top Bottom