Naturally Aspirated Cars

Associate
OP
To be honest its cracking looking little car..... not bad for a honda.

I don’t want a stupidly fast car cos whats the point, I rather have a car I can fun in afterall I need a bit of exitement driving to work.

When I like a car its that moment you get out if it and look back and think wow thats a nice car.... and its mine.

Both the Honda CRZ and Toyota GT86 are cars I would like to have...... slow....whatever......comfy and quirky.....yes.

Permabanned

I don’t want a stupidly fast car cos whats the point, I rather have a car I can fun in afterall I need a bit of exitement driving to work.

When I like a car its that moment you get out if it and look back and think wow thats a nice car.... and its mine.

Both the Honda CRZ and Toyota GT86 are cars I would like to have...... slow....whatever......comfy and quirky.....yes.
GT86 is a rocket in comparrison. think 6.5 vs 10 to 60. And MPG on CRZ is not much better. Also does not ahve back seats and boot is pathetic :D

Permabanned
It has rear seats, it’s good on fuel and the boot is pretty big for a small car.
Next
Have You sat on rear seats ?? I cant fit = no one CAN FIT
Honda-CR-Z-Review-2013-Honda-CR-Z-rear-seats.jpg

Have You actually been in CRZ ?? I had money ready till I drove one. In USA they dont even bother putting them so called seats in
2012_honda_cr-z_116_1600x1200.jpg

At lest they not tried to say its 2+2.

And I'm person that made My mate buy CRZ. But he wanted a Hybrid for rolling around town. Hes like pensioner behind wheel and say himself IT LACKS POWER. Thats what he changed RX8 for as started drivign to work.

If someone got gt86 vs CRZ choice option. CRZ is not even in same league as a car in ANY form.

Last edited:
Permabanned

Just minute ago asked my mate what sort of mpg hes getting driving to work says 40-45 driving like james may ;) not a clue what gt86 does when driving to work. Anyone here could say??

Soldato
I had ones for 15 months...

I’m not comparing it to a GT86 that’s actually a fast car. But you can get 3 CRZs for the price of one Toyota. I’m not sure how big the rear in the GT86 is. My daughter did start to struggle when I sold it but she’s a tall 11 year old now. More space than my Insight.

I haven’t read much but I’m presuming OP doesn’t really want a fast RWD car nor needs rear seats?

EDIT: looks like both are irrelevant for the non 4 seat brief!

Last edited:
Permabanned

I’m not comparing it to a GT86 that’s actual a fast car. But you can get 3 for the price of one Toyota. I’m not sure how big the rear in the GT86 is. My daughter did start to struggle when I sold it but she’s a tall 11 year old now. More space than my Insight.

I haven’t read much but I’m presuming OP doesn’t really want a fast RWD car not needs rear seats?
Well there ia one very good option. Buy CRZ and drop Suoercharger kit on it. Chatti g with my mate that also likes gt86 and said.
If it suppose to be fun CRZ is not fun compared to gt86.
Also batterues on hes are Not as good anymore after 3 years since he had it. Thats why mpg is not that good. When i has CRZ for a day driving my way i was at 36mpg avg haha.

Anyhow to compare how bad rear seats are im 5'6 10 stone and i dont fit even sidewhise. And i was passenger in CRX VTi for 300 miles on rear seat once!!!

Permabanned

I’m not comparing it to a GT86 that’s actually a fast car. But you can get 3 CRZs for the price of one Toyota. I’m not sure how big the rear in the GT86 is. My daughter did start to struggle when I sold it but she’s a tall 11 year old now. More space than my Insight.

I haven’t read much but I’m presuming OP doesn’t really want a fast RWD car nor needs rear seats?

EDIT: looks like both are irrelevant for the non 4 seat brief!
I still consider DC2 best Honda ever made. Actually had rear seats. Four of us drove to Cornwall with Tents in boot for weekend and back no problem. And Did 30mpg :]

Soldato
Pre-2006 2.0 STIs are the ones to get. They are also appreciating now, especially the 90s ones.

They lost their way a bit after that and the 2.5 boxer can be a real nightmare.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok so maybe my example wasn’t great :p but there’s loads of others on there pre 2006 with the 2.0ltr engine. Some nice ones too. The spec C RA-R is the one to get imo. Pricey though.

Associate
OP
Nah just don’t like BMW’s full stop.

Anyway on Saturday I popped into Ford (Brum) to see what the fuss was with the Fiesta ST, even though I am against turbos I was still keen to drive one just incase I was missing out on something.

I got handed the keys gave my insurance docs and license and the chap said have a drive and take your time......

As I was in Birmingham I got to drive all through the tunnels (that’s always I picked the dealer).
Wow what a little rocket, quick off the mark and sounds great. More room than my Honda CRV for me.....

Seats were well comfortable....

Very nice car and can get one under £10k

Think if I drive the GT86 I’ll be missing the power...

Associate
£15k will buy you something like a newish Mazda 6, I can't rate the newer ones enough. As much room as you want and very toey, drives like a smaller car. An Octavia VRS is another good shout.

Associate
OP
£15k will buy you something like a newish Mazda 6, I can't rate the newer ones enough. As much room as you want and very toey, drives like a smaller car. An Octavia VRS is another good shout.

I have a big car now. I don’t want another big as it’s only me going to work in it.

Also I am a single earner so too big expensive cars will eat into my budget.

2dr/3dr will be better. I also have to think about fitting it on the drive. Anything over 4.5m is too long.

Associate
The newer shape corsas are very roomy for the driver. Similarly the Ignis, nice tall roofs.

I've been test driving the newer shape Vitara and I was very impressed. weighs the same as an MX5 so the power to weight ratio is high. Not much bigger than a golf and cavernous inside.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The newer shape corsas are very roomy for the driver. Similarly the Ignis, nice tall roofs.

I've been test driving the newer shape Vitara and I was very impressed. weighs the same as an MX5 so the power to weight ratio is high. Not much bigger than a golf and cavernous inside.

Anything Vauxhall is ***** and that VXR Corsa is too stiff suspension it’s like riding on rims.

Back
Top Bottom