NEARLY 2 YEARS WAITING: New Mustang GT PP is finally mine!

OcUK Staff
OP
someone is getting a bargain thanks to paypal.

Paypal payment is now allowed, I will take £300 as a deposit from paypal. Made it clear the remainder will be in cash or we go to their bank and they transfer the money in front of me at the bank into my account.
Also had a trader confirmed they will buy my car today as well at £33,000 with the majority of the modifications as they want it as their showroom demo car. This is a very easy sale for me as I know the trader and they have already purchased a guys Mustang I know and it went super smooth.

So I am guaranteed 33k, was / am hoping for 35-36k but it will fetch whatever it fetches. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
I have two log books.

One in the BW65 EKH reg and one in G18 WTF reg.
I assume when sold I fill in and sign the BW65 EKH log book and throw away the G18 WTF log book?

OcUK Staff
OP
You should have sent the BW65 one off when you got the G18 one...

Sent it where? That came with the car. I then put G18 WTF on the car and eventually G18 WTF log book arrives.
Yesterday I paid to remove G18 WTF and the site said to put BW65 EKH back on the car.

So when buyer comes, which log book does one sign?

Soldato
It is, but are the reference numbers going to be the same? That logbook was effectively 2 logbooks ago.

You're supposed to remove your plate and await the new logbook before you sell the car ;) That said though, it normally only takes a few days, so no biggy.

OcUK Staff
OP
If the winning bidder wants to take car tomorrow I shall just explain to him the log book issue and will just sign the BW65 EKH one but will then call DVLA next week before sending and see what they say.

Soldato
Worst case scenario, if you were not to forward the new log book on to the new owner, he can just apply for a new one in his name anyway. The V5C is not proof of ownership.

Back
Top Bottom