NEARLY 2 YEARS WAITING: New Mustang GT PP is finally mine!

Sgarrista
Commissario
And really, if you can talk the seller down on the price on the GTR, you could probably sell the car for a profit, or at least break even on your consumables ;)

Soldato
Why did you sell your car so soon when the new one isn’t due for at least 6 months.

Investing all the money from the sale into another car just shifts the hassle back 6 months when you need to sell that car and then lose more money.

Drive the car you currently have (M3) or buy something that’s cheap and then isn’t tying up masses of capital if it doesn’t sell straight away or require you to slash the price and take a huge loss to get rid.

Associate
Why did you sell your car so soon when the new one isn’t due for at least 6 months.

Investing all the money from the sale into another car just shifts the hassle back 6 months when you need to sell that car and then lose more money.

Drive the car you currently have (M3) or buy something that’s cheap and then isn’t tying up masses of capital if it doesn’t sell straight away or require you to slash the price and take a huge loss to get rid.

surely with the introduction of the new car, the value of the previous generation will go down?

OcUK Staff
OP
What about the TT-RS?

I just can't get pas the style and understeer, might be stupid, but I have to much internal resistance when I think about it. Yes the performance and sound is amazing, but it dislike handling dynamics (driven a stock and modified one) and the understeer for me was quite highlights and it did not really want to stop doing it unless slow down, could cover ground amazingly fast but in a driving style I like. They are amazing, just not for me.

OcUK Staff
OP
The new car has already been introduced, that’s how he has ordered it. Anyone in the market for one will know this.

No it has not, only the online enthusiast which is a very small percentage of Fords customer base know. The new car cannot be configured online and there is still no pricing, right now all you can buy online is the old generation.

If the new car gets released, the motoring press get hold of it and go OMG this destroys the outgoing model and they fixed the NCAP, values in short term of outgoing model will be further hit those keeping current models for long haul will be fine, they will probably bottom around 25k late next year and if Ford discontinue the V8 in say 5 years they will as other cars have done no doubt begin to build back up again.

My only reason for sale is I've had enough of manuals, simple as that, I will take a good flappy paddle automatic any day over a manual now, remember I use my cars daily, if it was a weekend toy then a manual would be acceptable, though I'd still prefer paddles.

OcUK Staff
OP
head says Golf R, heart says GT-R. Go with heart :p

Heart is actually pulling me towards a C63 AMG, if I was to go with heart a stop gap car is something more like:
- C63 AMG 6.3 Performance Pack car
- GTR R35 Stage 1
- Golf R Stage 1
- Audi B7 RS4
- E92 M3

Is the list in order of preference so C63 lures me the most, but GTR and Golf R are most sensible, for holding value and easier to sell on, Golf R because its affordable and I can price it at bottom of market, GTR because values hold quite firm.

OcUK Staff
OP
Will the GTR make the mustang feel like a downgrade?

completely different driving machines with very different characteristics so I very much doubt it

Pretty much as per Big Spender says, they are so far apart in driving style they are different enough, yes the GTR is massively faster from a stop, from a roll I suspect won't be a lot in it, especially the new 10-speed once tuned. But they drive quite differently, had plenty of seat time in GTR's which is fortunate on both track and road.

But back to Simon, yes a GTR is bonkers fast, yes it will go fast no matter the weather and from rolling or a stop and its turbo charged so they always feel even faster than they are. So yes back to the Golf R is a better idea, because even though its a very quick car, its also rather dull and bland to drive, whereas a GTR is quite an event to drive as is a Mustang.

I am not decided, going to test drive a couple of Golf R, I might find them too dull or just drive like crap, so dismiss the idea which really then as a Winter car only leaves GTR or B7 RS4.

OcUK Staff
OP
Anyone interested will go to the Ford website and find out that there is a new model due next year.. it’s hardly top secret hush hush.

https://www.ford.co.uk/future-vehicles/new-mustang

True but its not easy to order one, many dealerships refusing to take orders on Mustang forums as they have no idea still or have old inventory. No pricing, no press reviews.

When pricing is out, when it the configuration is online and you can properly order and the press reviews come out. Current model will either depreciate or appreciate, I'd made the decision to sell, also as it becomes more common knowledge there is a chance more and more will sell up creating more competition forcing prices down.

But I simply decided I was not willing to gamble on values going up or down, I'd made the decision to order a new one and so it was time to let the old one go, albeit a few grand less than I got, the guy got a deal, nice chap he can now enjoy it as I have. I can in the meantime try something else or several other cars whilst I wait for next one and start all over again. Cars are expensive hobbies. :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Previous generation? It's a mild facelift not an all new model.

Mild?
I think people consider:
- New gen3 engine with power hike, economy improvement, 0-60 going from 4.8s down to under 4s
- Active exhaust
- Magneride
- 10-speed automatic
- facelift externally
- Digital dash
- Option of Recaro seats

I guess I consider mild differently to you, my consideration of mild is like when the E46 M3 got updated to have LED rear lights, m track mode, MK60 DSC, that is mild in my view. When the engine is an updated revision with more power, a new gearbox, new interior, new exterior styling and a lot of other technology introduced if quite a big update. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Dealers got initial pricing on September 22nd and they were allowed to share on October 11th..

No they have no pricing, the dealership aint got a clue, a guy on this very forum owns a dealership, he has no pricing, one of my mates is a sales manager where I have purchased my MY18 from, he has also purchased one himself personally and he has no idea on price either.

All that is happening is some more switched on dealers can place an order in Vista to get people in the queue, my is order no.3 in the UK or no.5 I believe, but that is all they can is take your order along with the options you want. Yet some dealerships are point blank refusing to do so one guy tried 5 dealerships and they all refused or had no idea about MY18, I had to point him in the direction of a dealership who would take his order.

So it really is not very easy to try and get the updated model in real life.

Man of Honour

Yes.

I think people consider:
- New gen3 engine with power hike, economy improvement, 0-60 going from 4.8s down to under 4s
- Active exhaust
- Magneride
- 10-speed automatic
- facelift externally
- Digital dash
- Option of Recaro seats

All of that bar the external facelift are things other manufacturers - sometimes even Ford - often slip into the range without even waiting for the facelift.

This is a minor refresh of a car that hasn't been out long anyway.

Back
Top Bottom