NEARLY 2 YEARS WAITING: New Mustang GT PP is finally mine!

Soldato
No they have no pricing, the dealership aint got a clue, a guy on this very forum owns a dealership, he has no pricing, one of my mates is a sales manager where I have purchased my MY18 from, he has also purchased one himself personally and he has no idea on price either.

All that is happening is some more switched on dealers can place an order in Vista to get people in the queue, my is order no.3 in the UK or no.5 I believe, but that is all they can is take your order along with the options you want. Yet some dealerships are point blank refusing to do so one guy tried 5 dealerships and they all refused or had no idea about MY18, I had to point him in the direction of a dealership who would take his order.

So it really is not very easy to try and get the updated model in real life.
I have the pricing in front of me, so it can’t be that secret!

OcUK Staff
OP
Ok I know I must be missing something, but where does that Perrys link say anything about them being 2018 MY ?

It does not, it was found on the Mustang forums and it is evident it is MY18 due to the option packs, primarily custom pact 1, 2, 3 and 4 as they were not available for current generation. But speaking with Ford UK and owner and sales managers at other dealerships Ford have still not released any pricing in the UK for MY18 and its options, right now you can order a car, but there is no pricing and the options are still not crystal clear.

This is why I said to PMKeates, if he has pricing, then share it because it really is not out yet.

OcUK Staff
OP
Just had a quick spin in an Golf R and Audi S3, both at main dealer, sub 10k miles, 17 plate so pretty new.
Took the Golf out, just a great all rounder, albeit to easy, hence the dull statements, but at the same time very nice to drive. It was 18" wheels, passive suspension and rode lovely. DSG, launched the car (not LC mode), just regular stomp it and boy do they shift and overtaking with DSG in auto effortless, seriously quick machine. Nice inside and well put together, it just does everything, actually sounds nice inside too due to some fake cabin fake noises but they are pleasant.

S3 DSG, did not bother driving it far, identical car, though sounded not as good inside, but the cabin I really disliked, same quality and all that but the cheap Chinese tablet coming out the dish just looks nasty in my opinion and was more a distraction than useful and the whole interior though lovely quality (leather seats vs cloth in golf) just seemed bland and boring. Also prefer the looks on Golf more road presence!

In short fantastic car, think the chassis needs more power to be entertaining though, otherwise too accomplished, but as a short term car the dullness is not an issue, having something nice, effortless and easy to drive with lots of performance on offer in all weather is appealing as a short term ownership. But for me Golf>Audi !

The more I think and brain engages the less I think GTR is good idea and the one which was tempting me sold last night and I do like the idea of having something smallish with AWD, so I think I am definetely leaning towards a Golf R. Won't be buying the one I test drove I just wanted to drive a near new example so when I test drive some older higher mileage examples I now have a basis for comparison. :)

Associate
Just had a quick spin in an Golf R and Audi S3, both at main dealer, sub 10k miles, 17 plate so pretty new.
Took the Golf out, just a great all rounder, albeit to easy, hence the dull statements, but at the same time very nice to drive. It was 18" wheels, passive suspension and rode lovely. DSG, launched the car (not LC mode), just regular stomp it and boy do they shift and overtaking with DSG in auto effortless, seriously quick machine. Nice inside and well put together, it just does everything, actually sounds nice inside too due to some fake cabin fake noises but they are pleasant.

S3 DSG, did not bother driving it far, identical car, though sounded not as good inside, but the cabin I really disliked, same quality and all that but the cheap Chinese tablet coming out the dish just looks nasty in my opinion and was more a distraction than useful and the whole interior though lovely quality (leather seats vs cloth in golf) just seemed bland and boring. Also prefer the looks on Golf more road presence!

In short fantastic car, think the chassis needs more power to be entertaining though, otherwise too accomplished, but as a short term car the dullness is not an issue, having something nice, effortless and easy to drive with lots of performance on offer in all weather is appealing as a short term ownership. But for me Golf>Audi !

The more I think and brain engages the less I think GTR is good idea and the one which was tempting me sold last night and I do like the idea of having something smallish with AWD, so I think I am definetely leaning towards a Golf R. Won't be buying the one I test drove I just wanted to drive a near new example so when I test drive some older higher mileage examples I now have a basis for comparison. :)

Did you have the golf in R mode? 4wd is only activated in R mode.

OcUK Staff
OP
Did you have the golf in R mode? 4wd is only activated in R mode.

Yes it was in race mode, drove it in auto, auto sport and on paddles. DSG was super quick, quite impressive. The sales guy was young and happy for me to push it and I don't take any risk so he was fine with me giving it plenty of right foot. R mode made it louder and rev higher, infact I was very impressed with how well the motor revs, seems it was changing up just shy of 7000rpm and it pulled really well up top, even in 3rd gear. :)

He also showed me how to do LC, race mode, ESP hold until it beeps so full off, foot on brake and floor it, holds revs at 4000rpm then release brake. Did not release the brake as was a 30 area when he showed me this, but he assures me LC on these won't break the car and can be used as often as you like. He said it will accelerate quicker than it will by just stomping the loud pedal from a stand still, which I did do a couple of times.

Associate
Yes it was in race mode, drove it in auto, auto sport and on paddles. DSG was super quick, quite impressive. The sales guy was young and happy for me to push it and I don't take any risk so he was fine with me giving it plenty of right foot. R mode made it louder and rev higher, infact I was very impressed with how well the motor revs, seems it was changing up just shy of 7000rpm and it pulled really well up top, even in 3rd gear. :)

He also showed me how to do LC, race mode, ESP hold until it beeps so full off, foot on brake and floor it, holds revs at 4000rpm then release brake. Did not release the brake as was a 30 area when he showed me this, but he assures me LC on these won't break the car and can be used as often as you like. He said it will accelerate quicker than it will by just stomping the loud pedal from a stand still, which I did do a couple of times.

It is a very capable car, my boss had one (in manual albeit) on lease when the stonking lease deals were about and it was a right little pocket rocket go kart of a thing

OcUK Staff
OP
It's not, 4wd is available in all modes

This, its Haldex FWD bias car that moves power to rear.
Race mode improves throttle response and sharpens DSG up and increases rev limits I think, might do some other stuff, the sales guy did explain but I was just driving the thing. Doubt it does anything with the power split, but cannot confirm.

OcUK Staff
OP
Just found this:

I thought it felt quite quick, that confirms it, 4.45s to 60mph and 10.9s to 100mph for a stock car.
Going to test drive a 3DR stage 1 car tomorrow. See if it feels any quicker than the stock one I drove today.

OcUK Staff
OP
That's not stock or the speedo is significantly out (easy to tweak with VCDS), stock manual cars are normally low 5s or high 4s to 60.

That is DSG, yes the manual is much slower, 2s by 100 compared to DSG.
All I will say is from the one I drove today, which was a near new car at VW the performance on offer seems a lot quicker than the VW stats would suggest.

has the mustang gone gibbo ?

Yes gone m8. Need to find a car by end of month ideally as the M3 goes in body shop for its full respray, so I shall be car less, haha!

Back
Top Bottom