NEC LCD24WMGX3 Professional Gaming 24" Widescreen

Associate
im bringing this thread back from the dead as after a couple of years of happy usage my screen seems to have developed a really annoying banding problem (see pics). It is most noticeable on a black background but is very annoying when trying to watch films. Doesn't seem to show on the desktop though. I have tried connecting via HDMI and DVI and also two different ATI cards with the same results. I believe there was a 3 year warranty on these so I still have time to do something about it. Does anyone have a contact email for NEC UK? Anyone have a similar problem with one of these? It doesn't appear to look like typical banding as the bars are too close together and loads of them! Hard to capture properly in a pic.

114a97d2.jpg

8c989bf4.jpg

Associate
Haven't really used mine much for the past 2 years but starting to see increasing problems arising with these, hope mine doesn't have any next time I switch it on! :(.

Overclockers have a phone number for NEC listed on their warranty information list: 0870 120 1160, please post back as I'm curious as to how you get on

Associate
Haven't really used mine much for the past 2 years but starting to see increasing problems arising with these, hope mine doesn't have any next time I switch it on! :(.

Overclockers have a phone number for NEC listed on their warranty information list: 0870 120 1160, please post back as I'm curious as to how you get on

Thanks for pointing out the phone number. I will give them a ring when I get a chance.

wsh

wsh

Associate
Post your settings and I'll double check them with mine. There is one option that causes banding IIRC.

wsh

wsh

Associate
Im using the TFT Central ICC profile and settings (The banding was visible before I settled with these settings also)

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/nec_24wmgx3.htm

I'm using those settings also. However note that accurate calibration settings for one display will not necessarily be correct on another display. Whats the level of brightness on yours? It looks quite bright in the photo but that may just be the high ISO of the camera.

Associate
I'm using those settings also. However note that accurate calibration settings for one display will not necessarily be correct on another display. Whats the level of brightness on yours? It looks quite bright in the photo but that may just be the high ISO of the camera.

I normally have brightness set to 16. I tweaked it for the pics to highlight the banding for the camera.

Back
Top Bottom