Need a new PSU? Review one of ours and you can keep it!

Man of Honour
I had a major disaster this morning. I was outside with my worktop on a pair of saw horses doing the final cut for the window for the case that will be bolted to the underside and came over all dizzy due to the heat. I shot my hands out to steady myself and ended up putting all my weight on the worktop and snapped it in half!! I am now building a new desk from scratch so unfortunately it's going to be a bit longer before my review. I have already been without my pc since Monday and it's awful to think it's probably going to be another week before I am up and running. I am typing this on my old Dell D630 lappy that I use for my weather station backups.

What is everybody using for uploading pictures from their pc's to post on forums these days? I used to use photobucket until they got greedy and haven't used anything since.

Soldato
I use Imgur too but it really gets in the way of posting images. Haven't updated my build log as I'd have to move photos to laptop, upload, add tags, and copy individual URLs :(

Associate
Has everyone had their's delivered?
Conscious that i came late to the party, but haven't heard back yet. Very keen to get my hands on one to install and review, and get my computer back up and running properly again ;)

Associate
yes got mine,im just awaiting a couple of 5 pin plugs so I can make a lead up for my pump then I can get on with a review.
its very quiet from what ive tested so far.

Associate
Great stuff! Sounds like potentially a decent PSU. What wattage PSU did you get? I'm hoping for a 650w as the one i had that died was 600w, but we shall see.
I haven't heard back about arranging delivery, so fingers crossed i'm still good to go. I've never 'won' a 'competition' in my life lol.

Associate
Considering keeping my little used but old BeQuiet 430 watt psu for my new build but while their site says it should suffice, every other calculator says no.

RX580 8gb. I5 8400. (currently using an old amd 955 but only for a week or so).

Any reviews yet?

Don
In case there's a second round of psus to review, please take my name off the list and let someone else go instead.

Bought and fitted a 650w beQuiet Dark in my system today, really like the rubber grommet between the case and the PSU to greatly reduce vibrations. Pc booted instantly with confidence. I've been hampered with two bad Corsair units in a row which made me blame my motherboards. From now on, I'm only buying BQ.

Last week fitted at 750w Dark in a client's pc, super quiet! Hadn't connected the power led on first boot and had to look in the pc to check if it was running :)

Two weeks ago fitted a BQ straight power 10 in my media centre pc.

Very pleased with these PSUs

Soldato
In case there's a second round of psus to review, please take my name off the list and let someone else go instead.

Bought and fitted a 650w beQuiet Dark in my system today, really like the rubber grommet between the case and the PSU to greatly reduce vibrations. Pc booted instantly with confidence. I've been hampered with two bad Corsair units in a row which made me blame my motherboards. From now on, I'm only buying BQ.

Last week fitted at 750w Dark in a client's pc, super quiet! Hadn't connected the power led on first boot and had to look in the pc to check if it was running :)

Two weeks ago fitted a BQ straight power 10 in my media centre pc.

Very pleased with these PSUs
Definitely a company you can put faith/loyalty into. They work hard at the production and quality control stages to ensure their manufacturing process is good enough. Check out the factory videos on their social media!

Man of Honour
Yet they are overpriced and offer short warranties compared to the competition. While the Straight Power 11 550w that I was sent to review was a excellent psu there is nothing there to justify the £105.99 price tag and it only has half the warranty of the much cheaper Seasonic Focus Plus and Antec HCG. Even the Antec Eartwatts Pro 550w which is even cheaper has a 7 year warranty. BeQuiet psu's have always been overpriced and is the main reason that I would never buy one myself. There is a lot of serious competition now that come in at much lower prices and longer warranties and it is about time that BeQuiet woke up and did something about it. Their new psu's are excellent and if they did something about the prices then they would have a chance of winning a decent share of the market.

Associate
Been using a "BeQuiet System Power 7 300W 80PLUS Bronze PSU" for about six years in my first ever build. Never caused me any problems. For those of you receiving one, enjoy! Nice of BeQuiet & OCUK to do this!

Back
Top Bottom