• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NEED HELP SOURCING SCREWS

Associate
Hi I sold an asus ROG strix 1070 on ebay with a waterblock attached. EK.

I had used it fine with no issues for 6 months but upgraded, the guy who bought it claims there are screws missing when he went to take it apart and clean it, he managed to get asus to give him the part number but hasnt managed to source replacements. I have nothing here as I only used what was in the box for the waterblock at the time. Any help sourcing replacement screws for the card is appreciated.

Part numbers:

13050-7434100
13050-7432355

Associate
OP
He said he is adamant I never installed these screws in the first place. But I said I would source the screws if anything just to get him off my back because I dont want the card returned. Could anyone do me a solid and link me suitable spares. Id really appreciate it as im really none the wiser as to what Im looking for.

Soldato
Did you sell it with just the waterblock or did you include the original cooler?

Going by the installation manual for the waterblock, he is saying you missed 9 screws (M.2 5x4 AX1). Would the card not overheat with all these missing.

If it is these screws, contact EK and they may send some out.

If you sent him the original cooler, i suppose there is a chance the screws where missing and you never noticed. No idea where to get these apart from maybe the bay as has been mentioned already.

Soldato
What is going on here? You sold him a card with WB attached. He has disassembled the block and is claiming some screws are missing?

I would not entertain anything. He has, as claimed, disassembled the card, the onus will be on him to prove he hasn't done anything...

Another example for why I never sell to anything on ebay.

Soldato
he said its missing all of the internal block - card screws excluding the four chip retention screws.

There is no way that is the case. The thing would have over heated.

He has done something and is trying it on. When did he receive the card? Has he actually used the card before dismantling?

If you sent him the original cooler, i suppose there is a chance the screws where missing and you never noticed. No idea where to get these apart from maybe the bay as has been mentioned already.

I wonder the same. Is it for the original cooler...then perhaps they did get lost at somepoint... Be surprised he would return for that and not just source them himself. He might be a little miffed, but its a geniune mistake and nothing he cannot solve with a quick trip to a decent DIY stop or an order off the web.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
its a month ago I sold it, he was messaging after a week, albeit one issue was mine of not flushing the card out properly by mistake, although I did put in the description it would need cleaning. anyways, he took it appeart to clean the pcb as there was a bit of coolant leaked on it, not much at all only a few drops. I did send the original cooler yes but only as is. I didnt put original cooler included in the description I just had it to hand and gave it. Im gonna guess its for the original cooler as he emailed me a series of emails he sent to asus to try and source parts but they flat out refused to do anything, only giving a part number.

Originally I was saying that ive used it fine for 6 months so it couldnt be an issue, but he is adamant it would affect the structural integrity of the card and put undue strain on it.

Which leads us here.

In his email he said small silver screws that would attach to the backplate, and the silver VRM heatsink plate. needed a couple more of longer black screws but that a full screw set may be easier. They said they could not help.

Ill add he hasnt even installed the card in a pc yet to see if it still works because of this. He refuses to do so until he has these screws. Trouble is I cant say if it was my fault or not because I honestly dont know, I installed the block in june last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I would do nothing more. He has not used the card, and tampered with it. He has no case against you. He cannot return it as you sent it, as he has take off the block...

Associate
OP
I would say that but when some of the coolant leaked on the PCB he had to take it off to clean thoroughl, he claims. Pictures he sent somewhat support that. But still I dont see how a couple of screws missing can be as serious as he is making out, but still id rather just get it sorted so he will leave me alone. Ive asked for them to tell me specifically which screws are missing

Soldato
It's over a month that he's had it, he's taken it apart and now he's hassling you for some screws.. Just ignore him now, he's taken it apart so he's not getting a replacement and he could have lost the screws once it was apart - there are some complete idiots on Ebay..

Just tell him that on reflection you refuse to help because he has tampered with the card.

Associate
OP
as I have said though, as soon as I say that he will turn back round and say I had to because we didnt send it in the condition advertised. It was because I hadnt fitted a plug on because I thought it was fully drained. But still, they can go a week or more with no reply to our message. I just dont want to have a situation where they send it back, because now the 1660ti is out the card is worth less than I sold it for.

Soldato
Where does it end? You source the screws. They don't fit.
If and when they go in. He installs the card and it doesn't work.

He'll give you the run around.

Did it definitely have water in? Could the card now be knackered?

Did you definitely not put the plug in?

Associate
OP
from the pictures there was a definite leak, but it was nothing a bit of isopropyl alcohol couldnt wipe away. And he described it as "catastrophic" although didn't insist on sending it back, only to do so when not seeing these screws. its really frustrating me. Im half tempted to just let ebay get involved and sort the matter. I said id try and source screws, but I wouldnt accept a return based on that because I had used the card with it for over 6 months with no issues.

Back
Top Bottom