• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NEED HELP SOURCING SCREWS

Soldato
I didnt put original cooler included in the description I just had it to hand and gave it.

So he is trying to fit the original cooler that was not part of the purchase? Let him get the screws himself.

As he bought it with a waterblock fitted he must have a water cooled PC, so why can't he refit the block and see if it does work?

Associate
OP
see this is the thing, Idk why he even needs screws that would have been for the old cooler if he is using it with the waterblock on. But he is adamant these screws support the structural integrity of the card and without them the card could break over time.

Soldato
Does the backplate remain after the waterblock is installed?

edit:

Nevermind, the installation diagram answers that (no).

Seems really unlikely you forgot to install those screws. Also not sure why you would go to Asus for those screws.

edit2:

He must mean the original cooler.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I appreciate the help guys, Ive asked him exactly what screws he wants and am still waiting for a reply. But if he tries to return it ill definitely get ebay involved and be like, no way It worked fine when I sent it, he made issues when I sold it cheap anyway and its a complaint about something I didnt even put in the description from the sounds of it

Soldato
I appreciate the help guys, Ive asked him exactly what screws he wants and am still waiting for a reply. But if he tries to return it ill definitely get ebay involved and be like, no way It worked fine when I sent it, he made issues when I sold it cheap anyway and its a complaint about something I didnt even put in the description from the sounds of it

The only way he can return it is by getting ebay involved.

Separately here is EVGA's answer to the same question for their cards.

https://www.evga.com/support/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=59653

From what I can tell EVGA's equivalent screw (6.9mm spring loaded) can't be bought anywhere. So even if you know the screw you need, you might not be able to get it anywhere.

I have a Gigabyte 1080ti cooler in front of me and they use 5mm spring loaded.

Associate
OP
so Umm he got back to me after 3 days of waiting, and supplied two images with missing screws circled, but the thing is, he circled almost every screw hole on the card.
Ill attach the images

Associate
OP
s-l1600.jpg

Associate
OP
he confirmed its because he wants to reattach the old cooler to test if it still works, but I never included it in the description precisely because I didnt keep these screws to hand so didnt want to commit to that. I only gave it to him because he messaged me saying did I have the cooler, and I said I have the old heatsink and fans so Ill include it for free, was never in the description

Associate
This is why I absolutely hate selling stuff on there.

The stock cooler wasn't part of the auction so those screws aren't your concern. End of story really.

Associate
OP
His argument is that to test it after cleaning off the leaked fluid from the PCB he needs the old cooler. Which im like maybe, but I sold it as a watercooled card so he should therefore re fit the waterblock and test it that way. tbh, if it gets to it and he tries to return ill just say to ebay, if he was unhappy with the condition it arrived in and didnt want to clean it he should have just returned it there and then, not taken it apart cleaned it and given me hassle for something I never included in the listing decription. I said to the guy because of my mistake im willing to try and source the screws as a good will gesture, but that im not required to because It wasnt part of the listing and he needs to realise that.

he seems from his page to be a parts reseller, so is acting like he knows more than me. But now I know what hes after im less apologetic to be quite honest,

Back
Top Bottom