Need to shed 4 stone, help and advice needed

Soldato
It's not that big and looks like the classes are lead from a screen.

TGM allows drop in's for £5 a day

The Spin classes are at mine (has it's own room) but all the other ones have instructors. The actual gym is the good bit though - bumper plates, proper platforms/racks, full selection of Hammer Strength machines, warm-up area etc. I think their Instagram page has a bunch of pics of the inside.

Soldato
Lol no. Ill post the diet up if you want but its basically cutting out fats, sugar and starchy food. You can have some, just not a lot.

For eg today i had a protein shake for breakfast, tuna salad (zero dressing...so so boring) and scrambled egg on wholemeal toast for dinner.

At my surgery date i hope to be like 18.5 stone ish. Down 2 stone since new year.

Associate
I started dieting end of september as i was my heaviest i have ever been. Just eating healthy and watching my portion sizes i have lost 6 stone 4 pounds up to now. Just had a week of work and managed to stay the same weight by not going silly.

Soldato
I don't understand why a qualified nutritionist demonises and removes (or severely restricts) food groups or ingredients entirely...

Surely for anyone of a similar predisposition a moderate calorie deficit and patience is far more sustainable and beneficial long term.

Unless of course imminent surgery is needed and it's just a case of getting you to an acceptable weight it to be performed.

We had this in the AceModder thread, you'd lose just as much weight eating twice as much (likely) provided it's 4-600 calories less than what you've been maintaining on.

Soldato
I don't understand why a qualified nutritionist demonises and removes (or severely restricts) food groups or ingredients entirely...

Surely for anyone of a similar predisposition a moderate calorie deficit and patience is far more sustainable and beneficial long term.

Unless of course imminent surgery is needed and it's just a case of getting you to an acceptable weight it to be performed.

We had this in the AceModder thread, you'd lose just as much weight eating twice as much (likely) provided it's 4-600 calories less than what you've been maintaining on.

It's to reduce the glycogen stores in your liver to make surgery easier.

I'm on around 22 pounds now in under 3 weeks, I slowed it down mainly due to feeling dizzy and well ill for most parts, not good when you have to drive to work etc.

I was a bit concerned as I had a small (I mean really small) piece of thin crust pizza and the tiniest bit of cake (Daughters bday) so I was worried I had completely buggered it up but I should be alright...

Soldato
Started at 22 stone plus last year, went to 21 stone 6 ish when i saw my nutritionist in December and this morning weighed in at 17 stone 7. Looking forward to get running again just to see what it feels like.

Associate
It's to reduce the glycogen stores in your liver to make surgery easier.

I don't want or get to medically but a liver can only store about 300g of glycogen, at least according to my Endo. The body willl turn both protein (fairly easy) and trigs (fats) to glucose for the brain to run. If the brain can't get enough from the diet it will break down muscle first to keep it going. Having said that, your surgeon will know what he is doing. Maybe even a fairly small amount out of the liver will make his job much easier. wonder if someone of your weight with a bigger than average liver can store more glycogen.

Soldato
I don't want or get to medically but a liver can only store about 300g of glycogen, at least according to my Endo.

I think it's less than that. 300-400g might be glycogen + water so 50-100g ish of actual glycogen. However a liver only weights about 1.5kG. So if you reduce the liver volume by about a quarter I can see that being easier to maneuver. Plus depleting liver glycogen has been shown to have a quite dramatic effect on visceral fat stores.

Back
Top Bottom