Needed: Upgrade advice for a Useless individual!

Thank you again Mr Plec. You've been a great help once again and saved this (damsel) in distress
No worries Nathan - monitor the system for a few days - especially cold boot issues.

Post back with any concerns and if it remains stable - we may well keep it at 4.2GHz as things maybe becoming a bit tired in your system. They may need less stress in there silicon coated lives...

*I need the same actually - can someone reduce my metabolic clock too please...

4.2 is perfectly fine with me :)
You won't notice any discernible difference - and stability is always king.

My only slight concern is that it repeated the same problem from a reboot (when at 4.3GHz) - which is why we'll probably keep it at 4.2GHz. Clocks can/do become compromised with age so it's not totally unexpected.

I also get the impression you wouldn't want to start micro-managing your clock with more advanced settings - so a 100Mhz drop is an easy fix if it works.

yep, 799, so all good :)
Hopefully, your system will shake off it's starting nerves with this minor tweak.

If not then i'll have a series of tests for you to run (fun!) - but hopefully we can walk off whistling in the air, for now, and assume we don't need them.

Thanks, Nathan, updates are always appreciated as i can mentally log what tweak worked for other members i may help with similar requests/problems.

How are you enjoying the system since its 'silicon enlargements/augmentations'? :)

It's going very well, a lot less stuttering after closing down games and generally more stable all around. It's not made me any good at Rainbow Six though..

It's going very well, a lot less stuttering after closing down games and generally more stable all around.
Great - the GTX 1060 will be making most of the difference but the clock on the CPU will aide the card to work more effectively.

It's not made me any good at Rainbow Six though..
I was bought that game as I loved the previous SWAT releases - but prefer single player mode in those type of games or trying to complete it co-op with one other person. My wife knowing this bought it on release as a present and I have played a grand total of 70 minutes as it's purely designed for Online play (she wasn't to know - and it was really thoughtful).

Not a fan of doing the lucky dip of playing with an 'anal nutbag' who freaks out if someone makes a mistake... Plus, i would be a major liability now as the game has been out a long time. I'd probably stun everybody with my grenade tosses.

ARMA 3/BF1 is my online limit - there are so many people on the servers no one gives a monkey's flying poop if you're good or bad.

Back
Top Bottom