Neighbour issuing parking tickets!

Man of Honour
I was questioning that too but see this post by @Avenged7Fold :

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/30983177/

that seems to be the standard practice for a highway, the land is generally 'technically' still the property of the owners of the frontages though they don't get to exercise any property rights - it is different if the road is privately maintained and obviously it is different if the road is not a highway but simply a private road that others don't have any rights of way over

I think the situation at my development is that some roads have been adopted by the council, others haven't - though even in the case of the adopted bit the parking spaces on either side of the road (basically we have pavement then essentially a lane of parking spaces then the road) are private and parking is enforced there... so presumably it is only the actual road bit that is 'highway'

I think footpaths are a bit different - AFAIK the landowner can have responsibility for maintaining them, certainly in the countryside when you have a right of way or footpath crossing your land (perhaps this isn't always the case and maybe councils adopt some in urban areas in a similar manner to highways)

That's interesting, I'd like to see the source PDF. It's worth noting that private roads can be and usually are highways, even if unadopted. I think my main point is that isn't a simple problem legally and the situation may be counter intuitive.

Transmission breaker
Don
OP
He has now taken to parking his own car outside his house in the disputed location, dead centre, to stop anyone else parking there.
I believe this is because he has been told he can no longer give out tickets by the Parish Counail.

Caporegime
haha, nice one :)

That's interesting, I'd like to see the source PDF. It's worth noting that private roads can be and usually are highways, even if unadopted. I think my main point is that isn't a simple problem legally and the situation may be counter intuitive.

Private roads that are highways are mentioned in that quote already, I'm not sure it is too complicated if the road is adopted - though yeah it does seem counterintuitive that the land is technically within the boundaries of the adjacent properties but that they've not got any rights. The PDF comes from a local council website it seems:

Private Streets FAQ What is a highway? - City of York Council

Soldato
Website has changed to: http://www.issueparkingcharges.co.uk

It's a scam company trying to impersonating an official governing body...

Comical that you can order your 'starter-kit' complete with fake tickets, lol

http://www.issueparkingcharges.co.uk/main/order-now

If the OP's neighbour uses this service he'll receive £12 for every ticket paid! LOL

Seems others have had dealings with this so called company and I quote:

"Although the name "National Parking Control" sounds like an official body (i.e council or government agency) it's nothing of the kind. It's just a tin-pot private company."

"hey sell kits, so some janitor/ caretaker who is fed up with washing away the pish of drunks can play authority traffic warden with his book of fake fines bought from "National Parking control" for £59.
£59 buys you a pack of fake parking tickets !
This is not even a good scam company, they ring like a hollow tree."

Legal Aspects of the company are a complete joke!

This company can't even get registered keeper details as there is no mention of PoFA and so every ticket is unnenforceable as the keeper is not responsible for any alleged charge. If they are submitting PoFA requests to the DVLA then you should complain to the DVLA.

edit:

Just checked a few examples. Not PoFA compliant. (edit: although more recently they may have improved)

edit2:

More info on Cascade Financial Ltd.

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a...de-Financial-Ltd-T-A-National-Parking-Control

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07630266/officers

An amateur operation you can just ignore. Until 21st June 2017 they were about to be struck off by Companies House.

Accounts show they company is in serious debt.

Last edited:
Transmission breaker
Don
OP
The best part of it is that the council guy parked his car in the disputed spaces :D

He has now taken him inside to "let me show you the deeds"...

Apparently his house (and a few others in the street, mine too apparently) are "special" meaning we own the road.

It seems this has come to a head because some council official was told to use this road for parking by the Parish, and her unmarked car was ticketed.

It would appear my reporting was simply a timely coincidence. Although the parish council did chase me up for an email reporting the issue on Friday.

Man of Honour
The best part of it is that the council guy parked his car in the disputed spaces :D

Apparently his house (and a few others in the street, mine too apparently) are "special" meaning we own the road.

It seems this has come to a head because some council official was told to use this road for parking by the Parish, and her unmarked car was ticketed.

It would appear my reporting was simply a timely coincidence. Although the parish council did chase me up for an email reporting the issue on Friday.

*Gets popcorn and a comfy seat*

Soldato

Deeds? Ha!

Deeds are frequently messed up and i've experienced how messy they can get as i have right of way over a private track that's "owned" by 3 people/properties. Also 50% of my neighbours front garden is council/highways "owned".

In your case, there's likely a document somewhere that states the road is in fact council/highways owned that completely trumps your "special" neighbours' deeds. It's more common than it should be.

Back
Top Bottom