Neo Geo Pocket Color owners and collectors thread

Soldato
OP
How are finding Dark Arms?? I've had to resort to some sort of guide to work out what to do and still keep failing at it!! :(

We had our very first go with the link cable last week and could not get over how good match of the millennium is two player on this console!! Three of us in the car and we were pretty close to fighting not to drive across France so we could take turns playing. the response speed between the two consoles is incredibly impressive and feels like you're both playing on the same screen.

Did also give Samurai Showdown 2 a go which is nearly as good, but lacks that little bit of magic from match of the millennium

IMG-8424.jpg

Other big pick up of the month, it was looking at me and I like the box...

Associate
ive not had a chance to get into Dark Arms properly but ice also had to check a couple of youtube videos of what to do, back when games never held your hand haha

Soldato
OP
Took mine to Serbia with a couple of mates last weekend to keep me happy on the plane, showed off Sonic and struggled to get it back out of their hands :eek:

Think I need to get my head into something other than puzzle link for the train to work though, I'm only 4 cards away from finishing it

Soldato
OP
Loving the boxes! :)

Went out to St Albans today to pick up their copy of Faselei! only to have an entertaining experience checking it was the UK version and not the Japanese language version (guy working there loved I had the console with me), put the game in and it was the black and white World Cup 98 game instead!! Positively gutted

Soldato
Loving the boxes! :)

Went out to St Albans today to pick up their copy of Faselei! only to have an entertaining experience checking it was the UK version and not the Japanese language version (guy working there loved I had the console with me), put the game in and it was the black and white World Cup 98 game instead!! Positively gutted

Black and White games are mega rare!

Soldato
OP
So it's been a quiet couple of months on the NGPC front... Did however splash a whole £40 on this beauty!

IMG-9671-2.jpg

I'm in two minds about the second revision console, the sound is better, the feel is better (it's a nicer shape), there's just a nagging feeling the screen is a little less rich in colour, which was supported by my jealous colleague at work who wants one of these so badly!

Associate
Hurray! Metal slug 2 is a brilliant game :)

I remember seeing Metal Slug playing on a NeoGeo in my local video game shop when I was, well years ago obviously, and I dreamed of being able to own something like that. It really was like having an arcade cabinet in your house which at the time was just crazy.

Back
Top Bottom