Nest Hello - Now available in UK

Soldato
Has anyone found that their nest app has been going down a lot more lately?

Mine is down again today and has been on and off lately over the last few weeks. I know my internet is fine, as I also have indoor blink cameras which can be accessed with no issues while nest is down.

Also find that my thermostat can't connect to the weather app every single evening for the passed week, but works fine in the day.

Soldato
Mine was much worse before Christmas. Was going down a couple of times a week for a few weeks. Seems to have been a lot better in recent months apart from two notifications that I can remember from the last few weeks.

I pay for the upgraded storage too, you'd have hopped that those who pay extra would get better SLA on the product.

Soldato
I forgot about the Google outage - I couldn't access my emails nor could I use my doorbell for the time it was out for.

Associate
Sorry to ask a potentially daft q.. but how much did you guys pay to get your cameras setup?

Picked up a Nest Hello from Toolstation (£150, can't complain!) currently no doorbell and been quoted £129 to fit one incl a chime and transformer but literally no idea if that's good or not as nobody else has come back to me with a price...

Soldato
I used 50Five who supplied and fitted it for free as a promotion. Although the unit itself was around £230 I think which it was released (maybe £320 I don’t remember)

I think £130 isn’t a bad price though. Maybe give a few electricians a call?

I think someone mentioned a while back which transformers/chimes worked best and the associated costs. I also don’t think the new Nest ones have as much of an issue with transformers as the original ones.

Remember if you have any Google Home devices these work perfectly well instead of a traditional chime.

Associate
I used 50Five who supplied and fitted it for free as a promotion. Although the unit itself was around £230 I think which it was released (maybe £320 I don’t remember)

I think £130 isn’t a bad price though. Maybe give a few electricians a call?

I think someone mentioned a while back which transformers/chimes worked best and the associated costs. I also don’t think the new Nest ones have as much of an issue with transformers as the original ones.

Remember if you have any Google Home devices these work perfectly well instead of a traditional chime.

I've phoned 5 electricians, 1 came back with the £130 quote, another said £190, 2 haven't come back yet and 1 said he'd need to come see the property but isn't free for the next 2-3 weeks.

They seem a very hard tradesman to nail down :D

Annoyingly I'm on a new build and have a electrician coming to sort some issues while I'm at work - if I was home I'd have asked him for his price too... might try catch him first thing tomorrow to be fair

Sadly I'm Alexa'd up rather than google home :(

Caporegime
OP
i asked around 5 for a quote and i managed to get it done for £100 cash. after an initial quote of £120 but that was with me providing all the additional parts not included with the hello that you need.

transformer, box for transformer, etc.

Back
Top Bottom