Netflix: Drive to Survive

Soldato
OP
I haven't watched and prefer to watch F1 documentaries from the past.

I still believe danger is inherit in the sport.

Going back to the nineties, F1 was considered safe and whilst heralded now - When Senna signed for Williams, everyone thought like Prost '93 it was going to be a done deal - no one foresaw the Benetton/Schumacher combination.

With the aggressive driving, now applauded, its only a matter of time - the sport bites.

Not sure what your point is?

Soldato
OP
The Williams sage is really interesting, Paddy Lowe carried the can but it is clear from the episode that Claire Williams had almost no grasp of what was going on around her.

You can see why Williams are doing so badly, she's in the job because she's the daughter and not because she's the best team principal for the job. The Paddy Lowe scenes are awkward, clearly he has zero communication skills and needs someone to take charge/ownership because Claire Williams doesn't have a clue what's going on. He had to go.

Soldato
OP
Just watched this, can't help but feel the tone towards Gasly engineered his downfall. It was almost like they wanted him to fail their standards. Feel for him, even though results are results at the end of the day. There is an element of the show playing with the timeline of things. Sure they didn't spam the radio like it seemed.

ButI do feel Red Bull using Max as a yard stick is a little unfair to a young and new driver. Albon did better but this rutheless approach will cost them a constructors championship if they're ever in the position because a number two will never get the chance to settle in and deliver at that level unless the bring in some experience.

Gasly was just really that bad.

Max is obviously amazing, but Gasly wasn't even close. In comparison Max did this,

3rd, 4th, 4th, 4th, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 4th, 1st, 5th, 1st, 2nd

And Gasly did:

11th, 8th, 6th, 17th, 6th, 5th, 8th, 10th, 7th, 4th, 14th, 6th.

He had to go.

Soldato
OP
They even reversed the Tabac corner at Monaco!? They have no shame about changing or even making things up! This is not a show for the serious fan and, it seems, only gotten worse with each season. As Max said, they make up Drama when really they don’t need to.

Christ, it was only so that the shots had a continual flow. No-one would notice whilst watching the trailer and you only know about it because you read about it online. Faux rage.

Soldato
OP
I didn't watch it last season and I won't watch it this season. Too many false narratives and while slickly produced and directed they have a habit of picking the easy option. Last season for example, not a thing about Raikonnen retiring after years and years and being Ferrari's last WDC. They just miss far too consistently. I predict some of the major events last season like the vehicle on track in Japan won't even be mentioned and they will fawn over Verstappen like adoring fan girls and you8 won't hear anything bad said about him or his driving at all. Likely one of the demands or RBR for taking part.

Quite a lot of posts from you hating on dts for someone that never watches it.

Bit weird.

Back
Top Bottom