Never buy a house without having searches done

Soldato
There is absolutely no way I'd want to live near one of these sites.
Unless I had exchanged I'd pull out. Wouldn't care how much I lost.

Having seen the amounof rubbish etc outside one that's a few miles from me no way.
u8vPd2x.jpeg

Haha, Rover Way site!

Dunno if you've ever driven past it, but it's like Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl down there.

Good place to buy a cheap JCB, mind.

Caporegime
Haha, Rover Way site!

Dunno if you've ever driven past it, but it's like Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl down there.

Good place to buy a cheap JCB, mind.

Drive past it every time go to the bay.
Call it ghetto road.

When was looking to buy first home down here had some really nice looking houses come up in "tremorfa".

The realised where it was.. Bet can smell that recycling plant from the house. Probably turn out higher mortality rate down there. Such a grim place

Soldato
My dad grew up in Tremorfa!

I went to see a house there once- nearly bought it as the old geezer had a beautiful garden, with a HUGE koi pond.

Dad told me to steer clear as a very notorious criminal family lived in that road.

Caporegime

The funny thing is a little bit further down they were all busy today knocking up plenty of new houses on the site but there were plenty of fully built ones empty!

I do have to hand it to the gypsies though. They know they are basically doing extortion and the developers are trying their hardest not to pay up! David Vs Goliath.

Last edited:
Soldato
Seems a legit planning application!

Whether this is to force the hand of developers to buy it back as said not sure but look at this:

Reference22/05366/FUL
Alternative ReferencePP-11724891
Application ValidatedTue 03 Jan 2023
AddressLand Off A53 Market Drayton Shropshire
ProposalChange of use of land to use as a residential caravan site for 5 gypsy families, each with 2 caravans including no more than one static caravan/mobile home, together with laying of hardstanding, erection of 5 No. ancillary amenity buildings, installation of package sewage treatment plant and, access improvements. Access improvements to include construction of new accesses with A53, relocation of existing lay-by, and construction of new access road and lay-by
StatusGranted
DecisionGrant Permission
Decision Issued DateMon 17 Apr 2023
Appeal StatusUnknown
Appeal DecisionNot Available
The static must be the "boss"/king or queen wasp

Soldato
He probably acted the same as you would if you came home and found a load of kids playing in your back garden. I never understand why people think its ok to wander all over people's private land, just because its in the countryside!

As someone who was raised in the proper countryside in the 70/80s, my village junior school had 38 kids across 7 years, 8 kids in my year, I feel I can comment on this. We all played in farmers fields and the majority were fine with it as long as we didn't damage crops. If it was just grass for grazing or hay/silage most didn't bat an eyelid. Of course there was one who was a miserable **** and would shout at us but most didn't as long as we were respectful. Its not like someone's back garden at all. If we had been playing in the farmers actual back garden he would have rightfully told us top **** off.

Soldato
I'd never buy a new build tbh. Tiny rooms, no storage, generally poorer build quality. May be better insulated but that's generally something easy to tackle in older properties. Plot sizes are also generally far smaller.

Last edited:
Associate
As someone who was raised in the proper countryside in the 70/80s, my village junior school had 38 kids across 7 years, 8 kids in my year, I feel I can comment on this. We all played in farmers fields and the majority were fine with it as long as we didn't damage crops. If it was just grass for grazing or hay/silage most didn't bat an eyelid. Of course there was one who was a miserable **** and would shout at us but most didn't as long as we were respectful. Its not like someone's back garden at all. If we had been playing in the farmers actual back garden he would have rightfully told us top **** off.
As someone who grew up on a farm and who's family are farmers, seeming fine with it and actually being fine with it are probably different. Also these days half the little ***** are likely to set fire to the straw stack in the corner of the field! Not to mention the dangers of it. If i'm shooting or working on our land where theres no public rights of way, i'm not expecting some kids to apear out of a hedge, so they are likely to get accidently shot or flattened by a machine. 1st rule I was taught as a kid. Always assume they cant see you until you know they've seen you and stopped!!! Farms are not playgrounds, they are bloody dangerous!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom