Never Mind The Buzzcocks

Caporegime
Mark Lamarr made Never Mind the Buzzcocks.

Bill Bailey was very good, will be missed, Noel Fielding is alright, I enjoyed the Mighty Boosh but always thought it was very over rated. Big Phil, is very meh. Doesn't make me laugh, never really has.

Amstell was funny, I quite enjoyed the shows with him presenting.

Can't see it picking up as many viewers now, well maybe the "cool crowd" who like Noel.

Man of Honour
Well I never did watch the previous episode but caught most of this one with Rhod Gilbert and it was superb, I haven't laughed that much at a quiz show in a very long time. Actually pretty much all the guests did a good job or at least accepted their place as the butt of the jokes well.

Caporegime
I like Rhod Gilbert, I listen to his radio shows best bits podcast.

Very funny man, enjoyed tonight a lot but it didn't quite feel like Never Mind the Buzzcocks, can't quite put my finger on it.

Next week has a lot to love up to.

Soldato
I changed my view on Rhod Gilbert kind of.

I didn't like his stand up because he just shouted, but on that show he was really funny tonight.

The show is still below par without Amstell or Bailey

Associate
The only reason I used to watch it was to see Amstell rip into some nomark celebrity. It was entertaining tonight but for me there was no real laugh out loud moments.

Associate
It was a great show tonight, Rhod was brilliant :D

It wasn't really NMTB in the traditional Lamarr and Amstell style though, the show doesn't have the same feel to it with guest hosts.

Soldato
Aye, Rhod was surprisingly funny as the host... though he had good friend Greg 'the bloated corpse of Rik Mayall' Davies to bounce off, which gave him a head start.

But still, it was good to see the righteous indignation of his wonderful stand-up come through on a panel show for the first time. The banter between him and Gabby was excellent :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom