New 120Hz/"240Hz" VA monitor for gamers (Eizo Foris FG2421)

Associate
I would be interested in one of these based on good feedback - come on guys get some in stock!

Post taken from another site this morning: They are sending out their only sample monitor to TFTCentral next week so a review should be up soon.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I would be interested in one of these based on good feedback - come on guys get some in stock!

Post taken from another site this morning: They are sending out their only sample monitor to TFTCentral next week so a review should be up soon.

where's that post from out of interest? :)

and yes, i should have it with me monday for review as soon as i can!

Soldato
Even if Asus, Benq, Dell etc bring out their version of these, who will buy them when you can get these Eizo's with a 5 year warranty.

Hurry up OcUK try get them in at a good price. :cool:

I think Eizo screens are used in the USA quite a lot in medical facilities? So they must be damn good in general?

OcUK Staff
Even if Asus, Benq, Dell etc bring out their version of these, who will buy them when you can get these Eizo's with a 5 year warranty.

Hurry up OcUK try get them in at a good price. :cool:

I think Eizo screens are used in the USA quite a lot in medical facilities? So they must be damn good in general?

240Hz was originally designed for airport scanners. :)

Being in discussions with Eizo for weeks, we are a direct account as I used to sell their screens many years ago.

I shall sort it and OcUK will be king, leave it to me and give me a couple of weeks. :)

Associate
got it up and running ..its gorgeous :) had a funny moment were I had no sound...just had to tell windows to use my asus stx instead of the amd hd device.....never had a good lcd so cant judge it to anything really and only have bf4 installed on my new hd ...haven't play it yet!....but its like having my old mitsubishi diamond pro 930sb again :)
I'm well happy
Ill post some pictures up soon but I only have a rubbish Samsung camera phone :(

Associate
having trouble hosting images lo haven't used hosting sites in ages and had to create new account and I'm still waiting for the email to activate new account...

The software ScreenManager Pro for Gaming Ver1.0.0 is not recognising the monitor...under the Monitor Connection list it has nothing and manual setting is grayed out :( must look into that....it doesn't swivel left or right I don't think anyway! don't want brake it :) but goes up and down...its not a problem for me...found 1 dead pixel I think in the bottom right corner ( very small black dot ..so small tho doesn't bother me
The colours are great ...have it set on web mode at the moment ...stupid me I took the camera photos quickly it was set to fps1 mode and 60hz lo :p and my laptops playing up with the Samsung software.
viewing angles are much better than my last monitor, its really bright tho at most default settings so have to do some tweaking..
On the back the EIZO logo has an LED glows up white.... the blacks are very good and contrast is nice very happy bunny
hope to play some bf4 tonight ..will post them pics when I can

edit Found software Update from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 on EIZO website downloading it now...im using win7 64bit tho says Support added for Windows 8.1.
- Hot key added for changing Screen Size.....updated software but its still not seeing my monitor :( ..........maybe im not doing it right lo some other settings in windows? In windows the monitor setting still says standard "generic PnP monitor" Im such a newb :)

UPDATE the software works! stupid me didn't know u had to plug the usb cable into the monitor and motherboard.... working fine now :)

On http://imageshack.us/ when I click "upload now" nothing happens :( does nothing hmm still not received the email but can login the website

Last edited:
Associate
Its a half way job, they forgot to make it 27inch and 2560x1440 :)
Yep, if it was 27"/2560 I'd buy one in a heartbeat. But the drop from my present 27"/1200p monitor to 23.5"/1080p is too big a sacrifice just to get 120Hz capability. Hopefully either Sharp or AUO will realise there's a market for 2560x1440 VA panels.

Associate
Nice pics swampy! How's the input lag, motion blur and black levels? How's colours compared to TN? Never seen a VA panel.

Interest also on your thoughts about the 120hz/240hz if all of this is ok!

I'm hovering over the buy button right now!

Just thought. Do you know what bit this panel is? I mean like some IPS are 8bit colour and some are more. What is this compared to IPS?

Last edited:
Associate
well I've not really tested it yet gaming played a bit of bf4 single player only but feels really smooth and looks great ,I haven't gamed a lot in years so I wouldn't be the best to test input lag :) but im well happy with it ..just for the looks in game im really happy with...my old monitor was a 19 IIyama 2ms and was rubbish compared to this, had a Samsung 22 2ms before that which was way better than the IIyama, I think you'd love this :)
Blacks are very nice

Associate
Swampy would you mine popping off the front bezel and taking some photos of the panel underneath and the chassis electronics? Don't worry, the bezel on monitors are designed to pop off from the front. ;)

Back
Top Bottom