New 120Hz/"240Hz" VA monitor for gamers (Eizo Foris FG2421)

yeah I'll report back on recommended settings for day to day use, and there will be a calibrated profile as well once review is finished. Viewing angles seem pretty good to me, very "VA like" of course, but certainly miles better than TN Film panels

yeah I'll report back on recommended settings for day to day use, and there will be a calibrated profile as well once review is finished. Viewing angles seem pretty good to me, very "VA like" of course, but certainly miles better than TN Film panels

Looking forward to that as well Baddass. I have just purchased one. Should arrive tomorrow!

Will let you guys know what I think. Never owned anything for PC other than TN. I do have a Panasonic plasma downstairs though for consoles.

it's arrived with me now for testing. Feel free to ask questions and I'll try and answer if i can. Obviously need some time to run tests

All I want to know is (and nothing technical) how is battlefield on it, motion mainly and does it look better than the other 120hz panels, if so how much better on a scale of 1-10. I'd rate the benq I had a 4 at best. Thx

All I want to know is (and nothing technical) how is battlefield on it, motion mainly and does it look better than the other 120hz panels, if so how much better on a scale of 1-10. I'd rate the benq I had a 4 at best. Thx

Well I'm on a 120hz TN atm that I play BF3 on. When I get the new monitor I will let you know also how it is for motion. I will know for sure if it's better as I know my current monitor like the back of my hand!

Yeah like me Honoredshadow I've only owned TN monitors for LCD, I had some good CRT displays before best was the diamond pro 930 which was a great monitor when I got my 1st lcd I was so disappointed ! pictures looks horrid but with this monitor.
Im sure you'll be happy :) Do you play bf4? it looks awesome its much easier to spot targets now but I find myself just gawping lat the graphics ! And my eyes don't hurt anymore

No BF4 atm. To many crashes and bugs.

Yes I used to have CRT back in the day. Great screens. Hey Swampy your desk in your previous pictures you posted look like my desk! HSBC thing on the table, mobile phone, cup tea and AE speakers lol! Will soon to look even more like yours tomorrow if the monitor comes too!

yeah its an old ikea desk lo.. gotta have a cuppa tea aint ya :) ...Its shame my new case doesn't fit underneath my old desk , but now I can see the window , had to make a shelf :) yeah great speakers them Ae prefer headphones tho me
Have fun with the new monitor and update us on your thoughts mate

ps: I've had loads of the bf.exe not responding on 64 man servers but its fine on lower player servers ..keep getting killed not so fun at the mo! bit rusty I am

The crashes are mostly server side issues causing the game to crash even in single player. But mostly online play. I am in no rush. Will wait a few months to get a better experience.

I had 2 crashes in single player mode mate but only when I overclocked my gpu ..fine when default speed. I Never played bf3 me but used to play bf1942 and the desert combat mod and Vietnam great games back then :) wish they had capture the flag mode with the new bf4 so much fun when the whole team were chasing you down
be good to know how u find the input lag

well to be honest I'm not really good now :) I cant really tell the difference between the 120hz to 240 mode not really tested it yet...I think you'd need a fast pace game like quake or something to test ..... just been hooning about trying not to get killed in bf4:)
I've not loaded up q3 haven't played it in ages

But the difference from 60 to 120 or 240 is massive much smoother...even the mouse movement and scrolling in windows is so much better ....my pictures look ace now

We need someone to measure the GTG response times in relation to the Alienware AW2310 (6.3ms ish) and BENQ (5ms ish) screens. I don't mind trading a little speed but the early reviews seem vague on this.

Certainly, once you introduce processing you can introduce increased latency and I am interested to see the impact.

Edit: quoted specs for this Eizo are: 1000/60 = 16,7ms and 1000/120*1.5 = 12,5ms, not sure if this is GTG or input lag. FYI the input lag on the fastest Asus 144hz monitor is around 13ms and GTG of around 4ms.

Last edited:
So has anyone upgraded from a BenQ xl2420t to this?

As much as I love the BenQ, the washed out colours really bugs me. Ideally I'd love an IPS for non gaming and a 120hz for gaming. Alas my budget will not stretch that far so I need to find something in the middle.

This monitor looks like it might be the answer to my search but would appreciate hearing some direct feedback about upgrading from BenQ to this.

We need someone to measure the GTG response times in relation to the Alienware AW2310 (6.3ms ish) and BENQ (5ms ish) screens. I don't mind trading a little speed but the early reviews seem vague on this.

Certainly, once you introduce processing you can introduce increased latency and I am interested to see the impact.

Edit: quoted specs for this Eizo are: 1000/60 = 16,7ms and 1000/120*1.5 = 12,5ms, not sure if this is GTG or input lag. FYI the input lag on the fastest Asus 144hz monitor is around 13ms and GTG of around 4ms.

there will be full response time measurements and lag measurements at TFTCentral as soon as the review is finished :)

I have been reading about this new tech on [H] forums....

Someone took it apart and it has a new sharp 10 bit 120hz VA panel in it.... Apparently AOU are making 24 and 27" 1080p 120hz VA panels as well.... Maybe sharp will release a 27" version....

This is exciting to me because I hate TN screens and although IPS is alright the white glow and contrast is frankly rubbish.... So I think within the next 6-12 months we should be seeing 24" and 27" 120/240hz VA panels..... If a 27" comes out I will be getting that and finally replacing my 20" NEC WGX2 postage stamp... It has served me well for about 7 years! I have always wanted a screen with high contrast ratio, 120hz etc. But I thought this would not happen until OLED comes out, so finally we have some interesting monitors coming out instead of MORE 120hz TN or IPS monitors which are basically exactly the same every year.

Back
Top Bottom