New Alienware Q3 2020

Associate
For anyone looking for a monitor arm the invision ones are excellent for the money. They’re rated by size and weight, says up to 34 inch but I contacted them and they said because it’s well inside the weight range it would be fine

Install was a breeze

YYxA9uk.jpg

Soldato
For anyone looking for a monitor arm the invision ones are excellent for the money. They’re rated by size and weight, says up to 34 inch but I contacted them and they said because it’s well inside the weight range it would be fine

Install was a breeze

Nice battlestation there. Reminds of Miami Vice for some reason. Maybe because of the neon lights and the plant in the corner lol (it was palm trees in the Miami Vice intro).

Associate

Install was a breeze

YYxA9uk.jpg
What KVM do you use for swapping been tower and laptop?

Associate
What KVM do you use for swapping been tower and laptop?

I’ve tried a few but unfortunately my work laptop is crap and because I have a lot of usb devices in my hub it causes a failure in the usb host controller on the laptop, causing repetitive beep every 5 seconds or so... really annoying

so I have a usb cable from the usb hub under desk which I manually swap between the machines, it’s far from ideal but it is what it is. I tried several ones from amazon and all did the same. if you only have a few devices there are some decent ones in amazon but I have headphones, microphone, mouse, webcam, keyboard, elgato stream deck, mouse mat and a few others and only way I can get it to work is to reduce number of devices and then it’s making a sacrifice on a device

Soldato

Install was a breeze

YYxA9uk.jpg
Not sure about the rest of it but i like the bear thing on top of the computer :D

Associate
Hi guys,

got a second AW3821 some days ago, after already having one in January which i returned because of horrible white uniformity with no replacement available back then.

The unit i got now has way better white uniformity, which i‘m happy with and no dead or stuck pixels, which is good.
However i‘m a little bit unsure about the backlight bleed, since i have just a litte bit in the corners on the right side, which is ok, but a litte bit more, brighter bleed in the bottom left corner. I‘ve tried to capture it with my iPhone to make it look like i see it in a completely dark room:
https://share.icloud.com/photos/03T2kH6T1a0CzDXCloTuQ8htQ
It results in a just a litte bit more and brighter glow than on the right side in regular viewing and gaming distance.

I‘ve read here that some people have „zero“ bleed (which i would like to see to be honest ;) ), but since I’m almost never lucky when playing the lottery i know i won’t get one without bleed, and even if this would happen, the monitor probably would then have other flaws like stuck pixels or poor uniformity.

Still i‘m not really sure what to do, i really love the monitor performance wise, having a blast gaming on it.
On the other hand, i wish it would have just a little less bleed in the one corner, but don’t know if exchanging it again will get me a noticeable improvement, or more of a risk of getting a worse unit.

I need to make a decision in within the next few days since my return period ends, maybe some of you would share their thoughts.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Been playing mostly WoW and Black ops since I got the AW3821 but today I got my Xbox controller and booted up Fallen Order. Oh wow, this is really special. The size of the monitor is fantastic for these types of games, kicking back in the reclining office chair with an controller is very enjoyable. Games look stunning running ultra settings with the 3090 FE.

EVRCXgO.jpg

Associate
Yep - need to give fallen order a try again. I stopped playing it for some reason.

I've now got this monitor on a monitor arm which is great to get some desk space back. Also got a displayport switch so I can run both my work Mac and home PC on displayport in 144Hz greatness

Associate
Yep - need to give fallen order a try again. I stopped playing it for some reason.

I've now got this monitor on a monitor arm which is great to get some desk space back. Also got a displayport switch so I can run both my work Mac and home PC on displayport in 144Hz greatness

Fallen Order is great on Ultra-wide - almost at the end as I type. Looks great on the AW3821DW - for me the best looking game so far on it though is Red Dead Redemption - combination of the monitor & a 3080FE - wow!

Associate
Hi guys,

got a second AW3821 some days ago, after already having one in January which i returned because of horrible white uniformity with no replacement available back then.

The unit i got now has way better white uniformity, which i‘m happy with and no dead or stuck pixels, which is good.
However i‘m a little bit unsure about the backlight bleed, since i have just a litte bit in the corners on the right side, which is ok, but a litte bit more, brighter bleed in the bottom left corner. I‘ve tried to capture it with my iPhone to make it look like i see it in a completely dark room:
https://share.icloud.com/photos/03T2kH6T1a0CzDXCloTuQ8htQ
It results in a just a litte bit more and brighter glow than on the right side in regular viewing and gaming distance.

I‘ve read here that some people have „zero“ bleed (which i would like to see to be honest ;) ), but since I’m almost never lucky when playing the lottery i know i won’t get one without bleed, and even if this would happen, the monitor probably would then have other flaws like stuck pixels or poor uniformity.

Still i‘m not really sure what to do, i really love the monitor performance wise, having a blast gaming on it.
On the other hand, i wish it would have just a little less bleed in the one corner, but don’t know if exchanging it again will get me a noticeable improvement, or more of a risk of getting a worse unit.

I need to make a decision in within the next few days since my return period ends, maybe some of you would share their thoughts.

This looks so good. About as good as you'll get with an IPS panel

Associate
Thanks a lot for your input guys:)
I also had the tendency to keep and just enjoy it. It’s really not that bad and doesn’t bother me enough in regular use to make me want to return it, especially since there are no other major flaws.

Back
Top Bottom