** NEW ANTEC AIO COOLERS **

Man of Honour
Thanks. I tried a Corsair H50 in the past and must admit hearing the rush of air going through the radiator was a bit annoying when just browsing the web (think the fan ran a constant speed). Am pleased with a huge tower Noctua in terms of noise and cooling but in a small case PC I'm building want to keep weight down and noise as low as possible when the system isn't under load. Cooling I don't mind if the same as an air cooler.

I've never really heard any significant noise from the air moving through the rad on the Antecs I've experience of - but have experienced a few of the 600 series and the 1250 I had which made quite annoying pump whine noise - which isn't that noticeable when the fans are turned up but as I mostly run 140mm fans at 600rpm it was very noticeable in comparison.

I had to rejig the fans a bit to get the same kind of ballpark cooling performance out of the tower as the AIO mind - its bracketed by 140mm case fans, one (standard exhaust position) now regulated by the CPU temperature and I had to turn the intake one up a little as well but its still pretty quiet as that is without the 2 extra AIO fans.

Last edited:
Caporegime
How do these compare to air coolers like the large noctua cooles (DH14?) in terms of, noise, cooling ability, weight?

Prior to the 1200 I used a k2 dual tower cooler. Very similair in size and cooling ability to the D14. The 1200 is a lot lighter, bit fiddlier to fit. Cooling is improved a fair bit and with less fan noise using the same fans I had on the k2. I posted a comparison in this thread with the CPU at 4.5ghz running XTU.

Man of Honour
Prior to the 1200 I used a k2 dual tower cooler. Very similair in size and cooling ability to the D14. The 1200 is a lot lighter, bit fiddlier to fit. Cooling is improved a fair bit and with less fan noise using the same fans I had on the k2. I posted a comparison in this thread with the CPU at 4.5ghz running XTU.

Wonder how much the case makes a difference - I'm using the 540 Air so it may be a bit of a different story in something smaller heh.

Caporegime
Air 540 is a fantastic case for cooling due to the unobstructed air intake. I've used the 1200 and the k2 in an enthoo primo. Albeit with a modified mesh front plate as the stock bottom panel is a bit restrictive.

My only issue though is that the case sits extremely close to the underside of my desk. A lot of air from the rad gets circulated back in. Need a new desk as the case is too heavy to sit on the current one.

Associate
Fitted mine definitely needs two pairs of hands
5820k at 4.2Ghz
Replaced a Phanteks PH TC14S idle temp 35c load under real bench 79c
The Antec idle 26-27c load 59c
Really pleased its definitely quieter under load got the fans down to 930rpm under idle conditions and don't ramp up until cpu hits 50c
Just fiddly to fit

Caporegime
i reapplied some paste and once you know how to fit them its pretty simple.its not overly tricky the first time just a bit awkward with the actual block.could do with something to grip to.

Associate
The next batch of stock (which we already have in our EU hub) has a newer and improved bracket design.

I will dig some pictures out tomorrow, and post them on here.

I only just bought one of these last week, any chance of them being available separately or free for existing customers :D would save a lot of stress when I remount it!

Last edited:
Associate
Ran my h1200 for the first time last night, don't know if it's because the weather is hot but it's running slightly warmer than I expected, while browsing and on desktop I set an fan curve leaning towards silence with noctua fans running at around 400-500rpm up to 40°, cpu adaptive voltage with 1.29 max and 4.7ghz max turbo I was getting temps around 35°-40°, I will try some gaming and benchmarking tonight hopefully, hoping to get decent results, admittedly the room is a good 10° warmer at least and I have the fans running on the quiete side, what do you lot think?

Associate
Ran my h1200 for the first time last night, don't know if it's because the weather is hot but it's running slightly warmer than I expected, while browsing and on desktop I set an fan curve leaning towards silence with noctua fans running at around 400-500rpm up to 40°, cpu adaptive voltage with 1.29 max and 4.7ghz max turbo I was getting temps around 35°-40°, I will try some gaming and benchmarking tonight hopefully, hoping to get decent results, admittedly the room is a good 10° warmer at least and I have the fans running on the quiete side, what do you lot think?

Run real bench and check load temps

Though low fan speed and weather could be a issue
My study even in hot weather is quite cool due to location

Associate
Run real bench and check load temps

Though low fan speed and weather could be a issue
My study even in hot weather is quite cool due to location

Admittedly I did have fans low I'll ramp them up a bit and see how it goes, I really don't want to remount it as it was a real pain :(

Associate
Waited for the stuffy weather to clear and tinkered with settings a bit and I'm happy now. With fans now set to run at a minimum 700rpm (which is still quite for Noctuas) I'm getting idle temp's of high 20's-30° which is pleasing and in Rise of tomb raider and witcher 3 max reading was in the 60's with everything maxed out @4.7 but it was hovering around the 40's-50's mostly I think and only spiking up to 60's

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone else noticed the antec led flashing on the cpu block intermittently? I only noticed it as the machine wad on my desk. The pump still seems to be working but sometimes when im in a gaming the antec led flashes about 7 - 8 times then goes back to normal.

Soldato
Has anyone else noticed the antec led flashing on the cpu block intermittently? I only noticed it as the machine wad on my desk. The pump still seems to be working but sometimes when im in a gaming the antec led flashes about 7 - 8 times then goes back to normal.

Currently, the LED light up blue by default, and the blue light blinks as a warning when the liquid temperature reaches 65° C.

This doesn't mean the CPU is overheating, just an indicator that your fluid is at 65 degrees. Your CPU can still be well within safe temps with this fluid temp.

Back
Top Bottom