** NEW ASUS MONITORS - 280Hz, 43 INCHES, ELMB, G-SYNC ULTIMATE, FREESYNC2 AND MORE ** **

Permabanned
here's the full review of the Asus TUF Gaming VG279QM at TFTCentral. questions welcome :)

https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/asus_tuf_gaming_vg279qm.htm

Bravo sir!

Having just read the entire review i think i am sold on the smaller 24 inch version. My only concern was the gaming blur it seems it is better on your charts than the PG258Q i had this one previously and it was faulty and never replaced it so i have been on the display hunt for ages.

It had been a long time waiting for a super low blur display, That is all that bothers me the refresh rate at 280hz is so high games feel surreal. I can downsample to 4k 1:1 with DSR which cancels out the 1080p cons so really blur is the only thing i can complain about. I cannot complain about IPS gripes because IPS is only doing its natural thing aka being poop!

So would you agree there is nothing better on the market for me? I do not think there is a lower blur display out there, Is there? Certainly with 280hz ELMB SYNC and the tracefree locked at 80. Did you ever personally see anything with less blur? Bare in mind my current display is the FG2421 Eizo which was 120hz strobed but marketed at 240hz and that is what has spoiled me. The jump from this to the first gen 240hz panels like the PG258Q brought better smoothness but the blur was a bit worse than the FG2421 so it has been a bit of a nightmare finding a successor sadly.

Man of Honour
When you moved to the PG258Q and experienced more blur, was that because you used Gsync and not ULMB mode? I’m surprised you found that display a problem. The VG279QM is great, and certainly the fastest current IPS panel around but just trying to understand what happened before?

Permabanned
When you moved to the PG258Q and experienced more blur, was that because you used Gsync and not ULMB mode? I’m surprised you found that display a problem. The VG279QM is great, and certainly the fastest current IPS panel around but just trying to understand what happened before?

Yes as ULMB would have been 120hz limited on that first gen 240hz. I used Gsync 240hz over my strobed FG2421 and it was clear there is blur. I was sold on everything else apart from the little blur as it makes me appreciate the clarity of that monitors strobing. But it is still annoying i wonder what do you think i would make of this one then?

Really my only two choices are A the 280hz VG259QM or the Acer 0.3ms XF252QN that seems to be the fastest TN. Really for me it does come down to blur in what i now want, But unsure if 280hz strobed clearly beats the fastest TN.

Man of Honour
Ah yes I forgot that initial limitation with the blur reduction mode. I expect then that is the reason for the perceived motion clarity it difference and what you will want if you are upgrading is a model that supports blur reduction at the high refresh rates. The VG279QM is a good bet here I think, esp as you can avoid making image quality sacrifices that come with the move to TN Film

Soldato
xg43vq

No info/reviews on this one? Price is crazy good?! What gives.

I'd like my contrast out of my current monitor and less bleed.

But I lose some vertical height as it's 1200 pixels tall Vs my current 1440?

Last edited:
Associate
xg43vq

No info/reviews on this one? Price is crazy good?! What gives.

I'd like my contrast out of my current monitor and less bleed.

But I lose some vertical height as it's 1200 pixels tall Vs my current 1440?

I can't see how these are ever going to sell. The pricing is just a **** take. Why wouldn't you buy an OLED tv and sit slightly further away. Vastly superior picture quality and motion, and cheaper, with way better input options.

Plus, Panasonic HX940 43" LCD TV with 100/120hz is likely to be sub £700 in May.

Man of Honour
Do you have some preferred settings other than the obvious 240Hz / 80 motion overdrive? Friend is getting one delivered tomorrow and I'll probably go over to take a look at the weekend.
Other calibration settings listed in the review for colour side of things. You can experiment with ELMB Sync on/off as well

Permabanned
Reddit says goodbye VG259QM due to Covid. And weirdly i am OK with a 4 month wait anyways. Am i wrong to assume also each batch is better as time goes on for monitors?

I had it in my head once as a thought that the first batch would be the worst, And they always seem to go to the China market first at low prices.

Associate
Reddit says goodbye VG259QM due to Covid. And weirdly i am OK with a 4 month wait anyways. Am i wrong to assume also each batch is better as time goes on for monitors?

I had it in my head once as a thought that the first batch would be the worst, And they always seem to go to the China market first at low prices.

Are you sure about that because it seems that this reddit post you're refering to is from a month ago already and NikTheSHNIK said that it would be available around now 2 weeks ago.
NikTheSHNIK could you tell us if the VG259QM is going to be soon available ? Thank you !

Will be available to pre-order shortly. Stock whould be here within 2 weeks.

ASUS TUF Gaming VG259QM 25" 1920x1080 IPS 280Hz 1ms FreeSync/G-Sync Compatible LED Backlit Gaming Monitor @ £268.99 inc VAT

Display Resolution 1920x1080, Display Size 24.5", Refresh Rate 280Hz, FreeSync, G-Sync Compatible, 1ms Response Time, Contrast Ratio 1000:1, Panel Type IPS, ELMB, HDR 400, Height Adjust

Only £268.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Associate
As soon as I receive mine, I'l let you know my thoughts. My expectations are high as a csgo player... being able to get IPS great colors with a response time similar to best TNs is the only thing that could make me change my good old BenQ XL2411Z. The 240/280hz refresh rate and the blur reduction working when g-sync is active come as the cherry on top of the cake.

OcUK Staff
OP
Looks like it's not the case.

Demand at the moment is more like peak sales, compared to our usual slowest period at the end of Q1. Unfortunately we haven't gotten into place the extra support in terms of staff we would usually have planned in to meet demand around black friday/Xmas.

Booking in and shipping out might be delayed currently but we are ramping up to meet the extra demand being put upon us because of current circumstances.

I'll ask for an update from the distributor and from our warehouse and see if i can get you any extra info for tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom