** NEW ASUS MONITORS - 280Hz, 43 INCHES, ELMB, G-SYNC ULTIMATE, FREESYNC2 AND MORE ** **

Associate
Demand at the moment is more like peak sales, compared to our usual slowest period at the end of Q1. Unfortunately we haven't gotten into place the extra support in terms of staff we would usually have planned in to meet demand around black friday/Xmas.

Booking in and shipping out might be delayed currently but we are ramping up to meet the extra demand being put upon us because of current circumstances.

I'll ask for an update from the distributor and from our warehouse and see if i can get you any extra info for tomorrow!
hi did they give any update on the vg259qm? thanks

Associate
@NikTheSHNIK

VG259QM needed my old son, Im ready now to buy one next week and they are out of stock. Get in a decent amount no one in the UK seems to have any.
There was a second shipment they received over a week ago, but they'd all been preordered or I missed out on them by hours. I preordered, hoping to hear an update soon on when another shipment arrives so it might turn up.

Last edited:
Permabanned
There was a second shipment they received over a week ago, but they'd all been preordered or I missed out on them by hours. I preordered, hoping to hear an update soon on when another shipment arrives so it might turn up.

I only placed my order now so i do not know when it will come but hopefully not too long.

Associate
I have mine, and I love it, unfortunately I've been very unlucky, 3 months of trying to get hold of one after hearing they were actually available, and then I had a stuck pixel and 3 half ones show up on day 1 /cries . Waiting to hear what's going to happen with it exactly between Asus and Overclockers on Monday hopefully.

It's really lovely otherwise, 240hz was enough to make me happy really as nothing I play runs with a high enough frame rate to need more on my old gtx 1060 currently, far less ghosting than my old XL2411Z. ELMB sync worked with everything, freesync worked well no flickering.

Hoping to post back as a fully happy owner soon.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I have mine, and I love it, unfortunately I've been very unlucky, 3 months of trying to get hold of one after hearing they were actually available, and then I had a stuck pixel and 3 half ones show up on day 1 /cries . Waiting to hear what's going to happen with it exactly between Asus and Overclockers on Monday hopefully.

It's really lovely otherwise, 240hz was enough to make me happy really as nothing I play runs with a high enough frame rate to need more on my old gtx 1060 currently, far less ghosting than my old XL2411Z. ELMB sync worked with everything, freesync worked well no flickering.

Hoping to post back as a fully happy owner soon.

You should just send it back and order a new one Asus will probably waste time. Ghosting and blur are what i want from this people are saying TN is still better.

But i dont know how 240hz TN could beat 280hz with Strobing. So if it has any small amounts of blur i will be highly annoyed. It should really be almost gone if they did it right 280hz strobed would be as good as 360hz which is due soon. But that will still have sample and hold blur of a few ms. The only way to reliably reduce ghoasting and blur is through high refresh rate strobing. There is no other way of doing it with sample and hold technology.

Associate
There are huge stock problems for this model presumably only due to it being new around the time of the lockdowns, Overclockers last delivery were all accounted for as soon as they were received, contacting ASUS was actually suggested to me by the nice Overclockers support personnel I was talking to, as they think they might be able to get a unit to me faster. Asus concurred when I was talking to them, and also will only pick up the old unit only when they deliver the new one, so however long it takes I won't be without I'd just have to put up with the bright green dot stealing my focus through every dark movie/game for a while, it just seems they don't work over the weekend so I've been waiting for final confirmation of what's going to happen, if they won't take it it will have to go back to Overclockers.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thinking of getting the PG43UQ but is there a heavy duty monitor arm out there that will take this beast? Want to get it off the desk if possible.

Permabanned
It aint a bad monitor, But clearly not true 280fps i still feel somethings missing like my CRT would utterly smoke 280hz IPS but its impressive. I pulled a few all nighters as it was going back and might still do but theres not much point going to TN after this.

The ELMB sync isnt useable though, You see so much smear had Asus let you put overdrive to 60 then yeah this would have been better but they messed it up. So ive resigned myself to 280hz Gsync which is allround better than the PG258Q i had. So i need to decide to keep and accept ELMB Sync is broke or just send it back and wait for second gen IPS 240hz. But my suspicion is i will keep it.

The next gen that has ELMB sync with OD adjustable and can comply with all the pixel transitons of 280hz and i mean 99% not 76% will be really good. It will probably be that one that will kill the TN market as the viewing angles are not an issue on IPS.

Back
Top Bottom