New Belinea 22" is coming!!!

Associate
got mine today. after a 17" crt this thing is huge. i think its great really sharp and not to much of this looking funny at angles either. for the money its really good i think

Associate
OMG ! got this delivered today and going from a Dell 17" CRT to this is truly wonderful :)

I'll post pics later - off to use pixel buddy to check the screen now as I've been at work the whole day with it sitting next to me....now I can turn it on!

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

I know we sell these but I've got to say these are truly impressive.

I've now seen the Video 7, Belinea, Asus, Viewsonic and Samsung due to the fact we stock and sell all of these.

No word of a lie the Belinea delivers the best image quality out of them all which I find kinda puzzling as its analogue and the others we sell are DVI and a lot more expensive. If it was my money I'd buy the Belinea its the best performance and the cheapest one we sell. In fact I'd buy a DELL 24" panel but out of the 22" Belinea win win. :)

Man of Honour
I'm getting this from my gf for xmas, so I'm just 'testing' it this weekend to make sure there are no problems :)

This is my first TFT screen and it doesn't seem quite as bad as I thought it might be. The main thing is that games seem to run OK without too much ghosting (this was a worry on a 5ms panel), although the widescreen aspect takes a bit of getting used to.

One thing I have noticed compared to CRT is that the black definitely isn't black (at least not at the bottom of the screen). I've been fiddling with the luminance controls but I'm still not entirely happy with the contrast etc, for example the taskbar icons look kinda washed out and not as distinguishable from the background as normal.

To be honest I'm not overly in love with widescreen. My systray/clock feels like it's miles away, I have to turn my head to look at it! I think I would have preferred a standard 21" 1600x1200 type affair but sadly those don't seem to be available (at least not at this kinda of price). On the plus side it does mean that there's a lot of room in taskbar to cram windows in - I'm considering switching to a single line taskbar now.

I haven't noticed any dead pixels as yet, but then I've never seen one in the flesh before so not entirely sure what to look for. Overall image quality seems ok and not too far behind CRTs.

Associate
Can someone post the exact viewable height x width screen size please ? (not the overall case) I saw 53cm x 26cm mentioned earlier, is it really just 26cm high ?

Soldato
SciNeT said:
Can someone post the exact viewable height x width screen size please ? (not the overall case) I saw 53cm x 26cm mentioned earlier, is it really just 26cm high ?

580mm x 297mm Is the viewable screen.

Nate

Edit:- see post below for correct dimensions, and ignore the idiocy above Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
Nate--IRL-- said:
580mm x 297mm Is the viewable screen.

Nate

580mm across seems to be nearly 23" ?? I thought it was only 22" diagonally, can you double check ?

I'm after these two measurements :

Thanks

bl.jpg

Soldato
SciNeT said:
580mm across seems to be nearly 23" ?? I thought it was only 22" diagonally, can you double check ?

I'm after these two measurements :

Thanks

Sincere apologies, i should learn how to count.......475mm across by 297mm down. Sorry about that. This gives a 560.2mm diagonal -->22.05512 inches

Nate

Last edited:
Associate
with this being a TN-Film panel monitor is it much worse than a S-IPS one? i need a new monitor as i have a 4 year old Samsung SyncMaster 152V (15") while it is still fully working with no dead pixcels and works a charm, i want something with a better resolution (>1024) so would this belinea do me fine?

thx in advance for replies.

Back
Top Bottom