New Biking Android App

Soldato
OP
Thanks. This crash reporting is very useful. Already squashed a couple more bugs, thanks for the help guys :)

I wont do an update just yet though, will wait to see what else comes through.

Soldato
OP
So any feedback? I've been watching the crash reports and think I've caught a couple more bugs. There's one when it opens I've made a change, don't know if it's fixed it though.

Soldato
OP
I thought I fixed that. It was not letting me do it unless I came out of garage and back in after adding a new bike, but as I say, thought it was fixed? Will check that too.

**Edit** definitely working in mine. Is the app updated?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
So I posted about this on my biker specific forum and have some positive feedback too, which is great. They've also had some great ideas, I figure I'd run by you guys -

Todo / shopping list in the maintenance area. (box for a url when it's a shopping item)

Instead (or probably as well as) just the Service box, have the option to select items being replaced/changed, such as brake discs and pads, oil etc. Then get reminders if one hasn't been done past your specified time/miles.

Character recognition for petrol fills. (Take a photo of the pump, it does everything else) Sounds great. I'm unlikely to be able to add that though!

Soldato
OP
As posted, it needs a data wipe unfortunately. There was too much change in maintenance logs.

To do this, go to 'Settings' - 'Apps' - 'Bikers Best Friend' - 'Storage' - 'Clear Data'.

Soldato
OP
Another reasonable sized update pushed though. I think I've worked out how to code it not to need a reset too.

There is now a To Do list for each bike. Add the to do details along with a cost, priority and url if you wish.

Pending crash reports, I'm feeling this is getting closer to a final release now. :) As always, happy to receive feedback.

Soldato
In the hot spot section, are the locations set to adjust for everyone's location?

It's saying on yer bike is 85 miles for me but it's actually 65, same with ace cafe, it's 90 miles but the app says 140.

Soldato
OP
It should do. I was at Brands on Sunday for Speedfest, opened the app up and it said Brands was 0.1 away or something like that, so seemed to work for me.

I can see what you're saying though. For me On Yer Bike is saying 55.9, but G Maps can nav me there in 42 miles.

I'll have a look. That bit of code to calculate the distance between two points was 'borrowed' (the maths looked far too intense for me, talking about the curvature of the earth and such!) so will have to see what other options there might be.

SamuraiTortoise

S

SamuraiTortoise

Just downloaded this as first time I tried it wouldn't work on my device. I have found one issue whereby every time I click on LOCATIONS it asks me to allow the app access to two items (photos, media etc and devices location), and it asks this every time I click on locations.

Apart from that, I'm just having a look around and it's look good. I will offer more feedback when I've had more of a play but thank you for creating this app.

Back
Top Bottom