New Build Approx. £2500 Budget

Associate
OP
semi pro streamer.... would have just gone 1440p 165hz and 2080ti !

12 cores and x570 ultra to keep costs down or even the Pro

heck, 9900k overclocked to 5ghz !

3:50 in

if your looking to claw max FPS for ourself as well as high quality stream for viewer

if you record and then edit, ryzen 12 core gets the nudge ahead and a few fps lost

I'm a live-streamer, record and editing is more for my other career I do, however I am interested in recording and editing game footage as well. Apologies if I should have made this clearer, I did mention it in the original post but only just realised that it kind-of fell to the way-side. Also probably explains the higher budget :D

Soldato
I'm a live-streamer, record and editing is more for my other career I do, however I am interested in recording and editing game footage as well. Apologies if I should have made this clearer, I did mention it in the original post but only just realised that it kind-of fell to the way-side. Also probably explains the higher budget :D

sorry, added another video to the first post- more detailed break down of nvidia vs amd vs intel

now its your bread a butter almost- you dodge the £££ bashing , as like you've seen , we'll try and spec with a sane mind... your a streamer.. sane is out the window ! :D

looks like 3900x may do it all, but seem 2080ti could do it better- and dropping to 3700x and 2080ti ! POWER!

Associate
OP
sorry, added another video to the first post- more detailed break down of nvidia vs amd vs intel

now its your bread a butter almost- you dodge the £££ bashing , as like you've seen , we'll try and spec with a sane mind... your a streamer.. sane is out the window ! :D

looks like 3900x may do it all, but seem 2080ti could do it better- and dropping to 3700x and 2080ti ! POWER!

I'm just finishing the first one as we speak. Mind = Blown. I've been a console streamer 'til now (running a Capture Card through my old rig) but things have been going very well, so this is us branching out to the PC community. Regarding encoding and stuff I'm still a bit of a novice. I feel like this might delay my Thursday build date but I don't want to delay it if I can help it. I'll keep binging these videos while I try and gain a better understanding.

Associate
OP
So the 3900x seems the best of the two in terms of best capabilities for streaming. I did specc a £2800 build if anyone wants to critique it below. The 3900x however, has literally just sold out on the last two sites I had it bookmarked on so if that was a recommendation then :(

This has confused me a fair bit so may need to take some time to re-think unless the £2800 build seems decent (still would need to find a new 3900x source though).

Also are you recommending the 3700x and Ti as a budget-saver? May be a viable option given the lack of availability.

Associate
OP
Well, cheapest I can find the 3900x is £550 which is rather crazy. Is the expensive build reasonably well selected on parts? No odd parts letting down the side?

Otherwise I'll be looking at a 3700x in place of the 3900x, using the original build but looking at the 2080Ti to help assist in some extra power during streams.

Apologies for the confusion, and thanks for your time all!

Man of Honour
personally would use a 3700x and 2080 and use nvenc to stream.
don't really need uber uber hardware to stream. just needs to be smooth and stable (but you already knew that ;))

Associate
OP
personally would use a 3700x and 2080 and use nvenc to stream.
don't really need uber uber hardware to stream. just needs to be smooth and stable (but you already knew that ;))

Hah, I know bud. Apparently I'm just testing my own sanity levels at this point. But again, build is overkill, but does it work? ;)

Associate
OP
So I'm still attempting to get the build together by tomorrow. Go figure the ballistix has pushed back the shipping date.

Thoughts on this as an alternative? It comes out slightly cheaper than the Ballistix Sports elsewhere so I was unsure if it would be equal in performance.

"Corsair 163301 Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit, Black"

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...md-ryzen-tuned-ddr4-memory-kit-my-4bz-cs.html

Cheers all.

Back
Top Bottom