New car delays.

Soldato
The scrolling indicators? Not sure how much you'll be able to get our of them for that tbh. They might tell you that you are free to hand them the car back lol
Hardly an issue if thats what he’s talking about is it? If the indicators didn’t indicate at all…. That would be cause for concern but those “animated” indicators are more annoying than useful!

Soldato
Hardly an issue if thats what he’s talking about is it? If the indicators didn’t indicate at all…. That would be cause for concern but those “animated” indicators are more annoying than useful!
I guess different things upset different people :D

Soldato

I'm not all that fussed about the indicators. I am fussed about the lack of communication and customer service, though. I know some people aren't bothered by the service they receive and get on with their life but I feel it's a basic principle of doing business. The fact is, we did not receive what we ordered and the dealership seems to be clueless about it.

If I got a call several months ago stating that there has been issues providing this option (or any others that I am not yet aware of) due to supply issues, with an apology, then I wouldn't have an issue with it.

Now, I am just seeing if I can get something in return. If I don't then so be it, I'll remember this situation if we choose Seat again.

Last edited:
Soldato
Let's jump on the guy for not getting what he paid for.......from a car brand who are positioned as the "stylish" one amongst its own group/peers.....

Soldato
Yeah, to be fair the amount of marketing guff that goes into Seat lighting I'm surprised they didn't sacrifice some elements of the ESP system before losing the fancy plinky plink indictors ;)

Soldato
I would have said this was starting to show signs of improvement (manufacturer dependent of course). Both new cars we've ordered this month are expected in March and May respectively. One of which was actually cheaper buying new than 18month used. :confused:

Soldato
My partner ordered a Toyota Yaris Cross which was expected November 2022 (She ordered in June) that then got delayed until after the new year (March expected)

She did however manage to find a cancelled order which had been delivered to a dealer in Newcastle and secured that.. collected a week later.

On the other hand her sister ordered an Aygo X and it took two months (Built in a different country)

Associate
OP
Well no news on the build date from last June and with the new 24 update been released this month theres little chance of getting it.

So for the third time in 2 years another order has been submitted and most probably another 8+ month wait.

Just totally unbelievable :(

Associate
OP
We are delighted to inform you that the factory has allocated your new vehicle a date for its arrival at our retailer, the date is 25th August, once your stunning new vehicle arrives we will be in touch.

How old is this thread, do we win the longest ever time to buy a car? Roughly 2.5 years :)

Last edited:
Soldato
S-Max ordered Nov '21 finally arrived and picked up March 29th - only to discover they'd given me the wrong spec (Titanium X + Lux pack, not the ST Line originally ordered).
Sales Manager very embarrassed - but I'm not prepared to wait another 17 months, so waiting to hear what they'll sort and what excuses they'll give for the "mistake".

The whole experience has been fishy, so I'm trying to find out if anyone else has received a lower spec "by mistake".

Associate
OP
Dear Mrs Beckett,

We are delighted to inform you that we have taken delivery of your beautiful new Land Rover RANGE ROVER VELAR ESTATE

Well thats a wait and a half 27 months lol

Back
Top Bottom