New car for PMKeates time

yeah MT, I'm not remotely sympathetic but it is 90% motorway driving, side of the tyres arent too badly scuffed either so no much colin mcrae'ing going on :p

If your merging with the M25 on the way home from the Brighton meet is typical of your normal motorway approach, it is little wonder your tyres wear that little bit more than others! ;) :D

In all seriousness, this is a fantastic car. I was really impressed with it inside and out.

The colour combination is spot on - the best on any E60 IMHO. Deep Sea Blue in the sun is fantastic, and the black/beige/wood combo makes it feel really special and luxurious inside. It drives nicely, the specification is stunning - I am jealous of the sunroof - and the interior condition meets even my ridiculously anal standards. The steering wheel is in great condition.

Exterior is largely decent as well - nothing a 400 quid detail wont sort - and it's free from excessive stonechipping.

All in all a really decent buy - congratulations Sam :)

That's bizarre! Is it a manual transmission? The Interwebz reports of tyre wear don't seem to be that extreme for a 535d let a lone a 520d. I can only deduce that you drive wrong :pMe. I hate you.

Tyre wear won't be that bad, I don't do much motorway driving in mine and have a fairly heavy foot. I got 18k out of the OEM NCT5 runflats and the CS3s gave me around 12-13k out of the rears with pefect wear across the tread.

I'm confused as to how everyone's BMWs are getting through rear tyres so fast. My E90 330i had a set of new 18" bridgestone runflats on the rear which have lasted 8k so far (in varied driving conditions) and barely look worn.

I actually want them to run out so I can replace them with non-RFTs.
My dad got almost 30,000 miles out of the NCT5 RFTs on his e60..

Back
Top Bottom