New Dell 1730 Dual 8800GTX beast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I have a dell vostro 1700.

2.4 dual core cpu and 8600 graphics card.

I have always been a bit anti laptops, but since I bought mine, it has virtually taken over from my desktop (quad core machine with a 8800gt) in fact this week (processig wedding pics) has been the first time I have used my desktop in about a month.

If you can get a good priced (i payed 560 for mine in June) go for it.

L33

L33

Permabanned
whats this lappy like for rts games ie dawn of war and world in conflict, was thinking of building a htpc for my front room but am in love with the 1730 now ;)

I'll get round to installing World in Conflict at some point, but I play Company of Heroes on my m1730, in DirectX 10 mode with all the CoH options set as high as they'll go and it flies along at full res (1920x1200).
I've actually now got a dormant desktop PC that I've not switched on in over 3 months - also with 2x8800GTXs in SLI - as the laptop is quieter, just as fast and for whatever reason seems to play games 'smoother'. Its also great to be able to play a game anywhere!

To sum it up, theres not a game I've found that wont run at very highest settings yet.... Crysis, Stalker, COD4, all Valve games, Company of Heroes, C&C3, GRID etc etc.

RTB

RTB

Associate
Guys,

Please be aware of forum rules in relation to competitor mentions.

If you're looking for a Dell deal - talk to us - we will generally get any Dell that you want at a discounted price so think twice and call us first on 0870 443 0880 and ask to speak to Grace.

This thread is now closed.

Rupert
MD - OcUK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom