New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Associate
To those unhappy with this monitor out the box.

I got mine this week and it's now set up right next to an Acer 1440p 144hz IPS. Out the box it looked worse, it was definitely oversaturated.

Try using the ICC profile from the Rtings.com review. All I did was apply that and up the brightness from 75% to 80%. Made it look 10x better and is now the colours are slightly better than the Acer, but it also goes MUCH brighter so is overall a much better looking monitor. For entirely accurate colours for photo work etc you've probably chosen the wrong monitor, but the colours do look fantastic for regular activities and gaming.
How do you stand a brightness that high? I have mine currently set to 45%. :O

Associate
Should be receiving mine today!

Does anyone know what calibration settings should be used for this panel in DisplayCal for calibration?

Specifically the Mode (LCD (generic), LCD White LED, LCD RGB LED,...), but also any potential others specific to this panel.

I have an X-Rite i1Display Pro.

Also happy to do any testing/post my results with it if it'd be useful to anyone!

Did you ever work this out? I've got this monitor and just got the Xrite Pro, but unsure on what correction to use?
I tried with auto and got;
Gamut Coverage and Gamut Volume as: 99.4%, 109.9% sRGB - 73.9%, 75.7% Adobe RGB - 77.8%, 77.8% DCI P3

Unsure if these are good or if I need to select the correct settings?

Associate
I have noticed the monitor has a better motion quality if its capped around 140 hz. is the 165 hz some overdrive mode?

The motion seems much more fluid if its capped under the 165, and my machine output it just fine so its not because my framerate fluctuates.

The problem with weird motion earlier on some pages gets eliminated when I cap the framerate.

Associate
I cant get this monitor to go to sleep via windows power options and I tried everything under advanced power options. Only when I press start and then sleep in windows it goes to sleep. Same monitor goes to sleep when connected on another PC which is small Dell optiplex 5070 small form factor PC.

Associate
I have noticed the monitor has a better motion quality if its capped around 140 hz. is the 165 hz some overdrive mode?

The motion seems much more fluid if its capped under the 165, and my machine output it just fine so its not because my framerate fluctuates.

The problem with weird motion earlier on some pages gets eliminated when I cap the framerate.

I might be the case.. That was usually the case in 2015-2016 when these 165Hz monitors just started coming out!

Soldato
I cant get this monitor to go to sleep via windows power options and I tried everything under advanced power options. Only when I press start and then sleep in windows it goes to sleep. Same monitor goes to sleep when connected on another PC which is small Dell optiplex 5070 small form factor PC.

I've had a few glitches with that on HDMI, are you using the suppilied DP cable? might be a cable interface issue?

Soldato
I cannot believe that I have had my monitor a year already. Time gas gone quickly.

No issues at all with my monitor and still going strong

Associate
People have had theirs shipped now so seems like it will be honoured, should get shipping email on mine soon if it’s due Saturday.

Mine was delivered today, really quick delivery from France. They used ups who managed to get it from France to me in 24 hours. Not had a chance to look at it yet since I got it delivered to my sisters but I’ll be picking it up Sunday.

Associate
Mine arrived too. Crazy bargain

Really didn’t expect them to honour it but fair play to them, just picked mine up from my sisters and it’s new and sealed it seems. Seen a few people mention they have revived open boxes. Just hope it good since I’ve given my old monitor to my nephew.

Back
Top Bottom