New Dryer

Soldato
So annoying how cheap the heat pump ones are now they were load more a couple of years back so I couldn't stretch! We have a Bosch dryer and I can't fault it the sensor dry is genius and fully adjustable.

Associate
I was going to get the Bosch until I saw people complaining that the lack of reverse tumble caused problems with some items. I'm not quite ready to order yet but looking at the Samsungs instead. Another thing I did note was that some units can be very deep and the measurements given are not very accurate.

Soldato
We got a Samsung heat pump a couple of weeks ago and have been very impressed at how quickly it dries (starts at 2 hours but usually dry within an hour) and amazed at the amount of water it extracts from the clothes!

Soldato
I was going to get the Bosch until I saw people complaining that the lack of reverse tumble caused problems with some items. I'm not quite ready to order yet but looking at the Samsungs instead. Another thing I did note was that some units can be very deep and the measurements given are not very accurate.

Yeah - we have this problem. It boils down to we just have to put sheets and duvet covers in one at a time with nothing else in there, otherwise you end up with the sheet wrapping everything else up in a ball, bone dry on the outside and still wet in the middle. A bit of a pain, but not a deal breaker.

Soldato
OP
That would be annoying, the whole point of a large unit would be to dry everything at once. Take a look at the Samsung then but thats £699 so works out around £175 more for just reverse action drum, worth it im not sure.

Last edited:
Associate
It's frustrating. Spending so much on a new dryer and it doesn't work as well as it should and others do.

The price on that Bosch you linked seems to be changing by the hour. It was 599 this morning and now it's 629 :confused:

Soldato
OP
Of all the dryers ive looked at there doesn't seem to be any large amount of them going wrong, Bosch, Samsung and Siemens.
Vented would invlove extra cost in moving it to an outside facing wall as well.

I did consider gas but again, extra cost in getting it fitted.

Permabanned
Just to give you and idea of the cost of parts for that Bosch.

£180 Compressor
£130 Motor
£100 Power PCB
£80 Control PCB

Soldato
OP
What about the Samsung? Really don't want the hassle of moving everything around and putting a hole in the wall.

Not to mention I can't seem to find a 9kg vented dryer.

Soldato
OP
£700 for a dryer :eek:
Our vented WhiteKnight is 10 years old cost around £100.

In 10 years its already cost you £500 more to run, couple more years and it would have been cheaper to buy said £700 machine. Yes its a gamble on life span. A vented is out of the question would mean putting the machine somewhere we don't want it. Plus the washer is 9kg would be annoying not being able to fit it all into the dryer, i can only find 7kg vented.

Buy the Siemens not the Bosch , same machine but 5 year warranty with Siemens , 2 with Bosch

Went for the Samsung in the end, found it cheaper else where so AO matched and the used £40 off, and quidco.

Soldato
So Im struggling to figure out what I want to go for. Ideally, I don't want to spend more than 350 on a dryer (after quidco). Some of the vented dryers have B ratings, which isnt as good as the heat pumps which have A ratings or above, but a cheaper heat pump is more likely to fail.

Its going out in the garage and is most likely going to be used lots due to the kids.

Anyone got a which subscription? Or can recommend me one?

Back
Top Bottom