**NEW EK FLUID GAMING RANGE**

Associate
Will that 'universal' CPU block fit threadripper when it's released? I'm planning to build a watercooled setup as soon as x399 is widely available but I might need to wait if there are no CPU blocks that are large enough.

It's universal in supporting sockets available now, but I can tell you Threadripper will need all new coolers and blocks (maybe those super large Bykski CPU blocks will still work) owing to the socket size.

Caporegime
I'm struggling to see the point in this. I'm certain that EK used to sell keenly priced DIY kits for "custom" loops, came in a single box, but had your res, pump, rad and CPU block (as well as some tubing and fittings) that was similarly priced to this, but without the faff of aluminium components :confused: Pretty certain that was my "way in" to watercooling.

:confused:

Associate
I'm struggling to see the point in this. I'm certain that EK used to sell keenly priced DIY kits for "custom" loops, came in a single box, but had your res, pump, rad and CPU block (as well as some tubing and fittings) that was similarly priced to this, but without the faff of aluminium components :confused: Pretty certain that was my "way in" to watercooling.

:confused:
They did but they were still priced a fair bit higher than AIO's while these kits are aimed at prices similar to them.

Soldato
I am tempted buy these as my 'way in' to water cooling, instead of an AIO.

However I am a noob to water cooling, what is the (potential?) issue with aluminium components?

Also I am guessing I could use any colour concentrate from EK in this, if i didn't want clear?

Caporegime
I am tempted buy these as my 'way in' to water cooling, instead of an AIO.

However I am a noob to water cooling, what is the (potential?) issue with aluminium components?

Also I am guessing I could use any colour concentrate from EK in this, if i didn't want clear?

There isn't any real issue with aluminium, so long as you don't mix any other metals into the loop. Obviously the performance vs copper will be lower also.

Also, with regards to the dyes and fluids, I'd want confirmation from EK about compatibility before committing to using one as I know that certain fluids (at least from other manufacturers) don't play well with some kinds of tubing, so it stands to reason that this may also be the case for aluminium parts.

Soldato
There isn't any real issue with aluminium, so long as you don't mix any other metals into the loop. Obviously the performance vs copper will be lower also.

Also, with regards to the dyes and fluids, I'd want confirmation from EK about compatibility before committing to using one as I know that certain fluids (at least from other manufacturers) don't play well with some kinds of tubing, so it stands to reason that this may also be the case for aluminium parts.

Thanking you, will look into using other EK concentrates in these set ups, see what they say.

I'll also wait for 8 packs review also.

Associate
That 30 quid difference between the A120 and A240 actually makes the former a more attractive buy now. Over here there's a $10 difference so no point really going with the A120.

Gangster
OcUK Staff
OP
Would look great in my build I've got ready to put together... However I'm not that confident with DIY so to speak... are these pretty simple to set up and will the liquid need changing often

It looks harder than it actually is. As the kit comes with soft tubing it makes it much easier to fit together. If you are unsure about mounting the pump it maybe worth googling to see how other people have water cooled your case. All the parts are easy to fit into you case as long as the radiator is supported (size wise). A kit makes things much easier as you can see how it is put together before you buy and you don't have to shop around for every single component.

A side note please make sure you remove the cover from the bottom of the CPU block as it is easily forgotten.

Soldato
It looks harder than it actually is. As the kit comes with soft tubing it makes it much easier to fit together. If you are unsure about mounting the pump it maybe worth googling to see how other people have water cooled your case. All the parts are easy to fit into you case as long as the radiator is supported (size wise). A kit makes things much easier as you can see how it is put together before you buy and you don't have to shop around for every single component.

A side note please make sure you remove the cover from the bottom of the CPU block as it is easily forgotten.

Very tempted to get one for my build... I will watch some videos as to regards to mounting all the bits into the Same case as mine... I was going to get the H100i AIO and then you posted these up.. I think It will look better in my case than a AIO

Associate
EK's working on some YouTube videos to better demonstrate the installation process and walk people through the entire process. Those should come in very handy.

Soldato
Any idea if it's going to be possible ot order the bits separately? I like the idea of this but would want multiple GPU blocks and probs a 360 rad too.

Back
Top Bottom