New essential Android apps thread

Soldato
http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/htc-co...nternet-7-20-2614322859-android-apk-download/

Works fine Moto X Style. I use Opera a bit but HTC Internet oftentimes as it has an option to set the default 'zoom' which opera devs refuse to implement. That said it's an option on Opera Mini. Anyway both browser reflow text properly and work well rendering this forum correctly.

Thanks Richy for the HTC browser link, this has now replaced CM browser for my dedicated OcUK browsing. It's so nice to use pie controls again!

Below are my font size setting for those interested.

qdMcyxE.png w2mFefI.png hslAblh.png

Associate
Thanks Richy for the HTC browser link, this has now replaced CM browser for my dedicated OcUK browsing. It's so nice to use pie controls again!

You're welcome :D

HTC Internet crossed with Opera would make a reasonable browser. Not overly keen on the bookmark system on the HTC but other than it's good. Opera bookmarks and speed dials work quite well and synch across other devices including Windows Opera. Open pages can be accessed on another device across Opera.

Other than that Opera settings are very sparse and development is very slow. I get the feeling that anyone asks for anything such zoom level in settings they say they're working on it - meaning it's ignored now. Takes years for anything to be implemented. Latest is there is now ad blocking via Data Savings but I've not noticed much if any ads being blocked :rolleyes: Maybe I'm being a bit mean as use it quite a bit.

HTC has pie control, full screen browsing and default text and zoomed text can be adjusted. I've used it on and off since my HTC One S days.

Man of Honour
i really rate Business Calendar 2, does everything you need it to do in a simple way (until you dive into the deeper settings) with decent Widgets inc a full screen month/week view

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appgenix.bizcal

thanks seems perect, how do I add the title to the coloured bar, like in the example screen grabs? must be in settings somewhere but atm I cant see it.
currently it looks like this, found the setting for titles in coloured bar and its on, no idea why its not showing titles.
o8b5ns.jpg

also and probably doesn't exist, but is there a way/app to set quite hours based on alarm. so if alarm is set turn on quite hours for like 9hours before hand.
seting it like most people is useless as my shifts change several times a week.

also what email app does everyone use, not keen on the inbuilt one or outlook.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure if the topic is taboo here, but does anyone have a way to use things like Pay with a rooted device? I can't seem to get root cloak to work and now I'm not really seeing the point of being rooted.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Today Calendar I find more convenient than Business Calendar (both Pro versions). It's mostly thanks to the better UI. But recently I've started using S Planner and am genuinely finding it excellent to use. A few pros in UI functionality over Today and Business. So for those on a Samsung device, I can highly recommend it.

SPlanner_UI.gif

Not sure if the topic is taboo here, but does anyone have a way to use things like Pay with a rooted device? I can't seem to get root cloak to work and now I'm not really seeing the point of being rooted.

Root Cloak doesn't work on everything. It's the very reason I stopped rooting since a few apps I have simply will not work on rooted devices. These days root is barely even necessary. Browsers have adblock addons available and apps that display ads always have paid versions with no ads. If someone likes a free app so much and want to remove the ads, they should support the developer and buy the pro version anyway IMO.

Everything I used to do with root before is mostly baked into modern phones, or is part of Marshmallow out of the box anyway. Thankfully the issues that plagued generation old Android devices doesn't exist on modern flagships either. So bonus points there.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Today Calendar I find more convenient than Business Calendar (both Pro versions). It's mostly thanks to the better UI. But recently I've started using S Planner and am genuinely finding it excellent to use. A few pros in UI functionality over Today and Business. So for those on a Samsung device, I can highly recommend it.

http://robbiekhan.co.uk/root/android/SPlanner_UI.g.[/QUOTE]

got to ssy that ui looks awful, why would I want to manually expand it.
who has stuff that isn't explained by the title and need the boxes underneath, which only show the title anyway?

Back
Top Bottom