New essential Android apps thread

Soldato
Anyone played True Skate? I'm currently quite obsessed with it :o Takes me back to the Tony Hawk days on PS1. Pity you have to pay for extra skateparks and all the extras are crazy expensive..

Looks awesome, but, you have to pay for the game, pay for extra content and there is still adverts in it?

Soldato
Oh, I see it was only free for a limited time only sorry :o I thought it was going to be permanently free. Sounds like the dev needs to get his priorities right. I've been playing missions solidly in one skatepark for a week and finally accrued enough credits for.. a different coloured set of wheels :rolleyes:

It is bloody brilliant though. I have £2 Play credit so I'll probably buy another skatepark.

Caporegime
Maybe it was just my model of phone (Sony Xperia Z5) but when opening notifications which would open the app with the keyboard (think WhatsApp, FB Messenger etc) it would often lock up the phone for anywhere from a brief moment until 10 seconds!

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
One

OneNote?
While it allows you to organise into different sections, I found the syncing side of it to be horrible, it's not instant and sometimes doesn't even sync unless you force it to.

EDIT: Keep allows you to add labels to notes, which is what I've been doing to organise them. If you open the left side menu you can also view notes for certain labels as well.

Soldato
Definitely the keyboard, it happened to me on Messenger Lite when switching to Portuguese.

Sucks. I love the Google keyboard otherwise! Bleh, might just put up with it and hope they patch it soon.

Hope you're not having problems anymore but why do you need to switch languages? On my Pixel after a week or so, Google keyboard created a "joint keyboard" and based on first couple of words it automatically makes either English, Czech, Slovak the main keyboard until I use couple of words in one of the other languages and then switches to that. Sometimes it gets in the way of what I want to type but overall it works great. Not sure if this is a Pixel features as I don't remember setting it up and it just happened.

Soldato
Anyone played True Skate? I'm currently quite obsessed with it :o Takes me back to the Tony Hawk days on PS1. Pity you have to pay for extra skateparks and all the extras are crazy expensive..
I used to enjoy it and play a lot

The pumped bmx series then took over though . The last one is ridiculously well polished

Caporegime
Hope you're not having problems anymore but why do you need to switch languages? On my Pixel after a week or so, Google keyboard created a "joint keyboard" and based on first couple of words it automatically makes either English, Czech, Slovak the main keyboard until I use couple of words in one of the other languages and then switches to that. Sometimes it gets in the way of what I want to type but overall it works great. Not sure if this is a Pixel features as I don't remember setting it up and it just happened.
Mine does that too. But as I am learning Portuguese and not fully fluent I find it best for me to do the full switch to ensure spelling is correct etc. For words I already know then I can just begin typing and it recognizes it and goes from there, but its not a complete solution for me.

Back
Top Bottom