New essential Android apps thread

install nova and have gesture controls without this nonsense.

i've had swipe up for app drawer for years. swipe down for camera, but can be notifications, recent apps etc.is much better imo as you keep all the other buttons for back, home etc.

Good point. Though I personally feel the gesture controls are only needed for app drawer as the buttons do the rest. My recent app button is far quicker to use than gesture control

I really don't want to see android p have swipe up for recent apps, then swipe up again for the app drawer

Soldato
msLJMy0.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/msLJMy0.mp4

Just seen in your video, he shows it too... can be done with one swipe.

Soldato
Although to be fair you still can use the launcher's gestures on top of it. I'm using Nova's gestures now but it would be nice to have some of them everywhere. One thing I miss from my old 6P was also gesture control on the FP sensor.

Soldato
Ive had my Galaxy S9 a few days and love it, but in certain apps the ads are starting to wind me up. Ive installed Blokada but im still getting them.

Other than rooting is this the best way to go??

Soldato
Ive had my Galaxy S9 a few days and love it, but in certain apps the ads are starting to wind me up. Ive installed Blokada but im still getting them.

Other than rooting is this the best way to go??
I use a raspberry pi with Pihole + PiVPN running on it. I then connect my Pixel 2 XL to the VPN which uses Pihole's ad blocking. Works a treat!

Soldato
I use a raspberry pi with Pihole + PiVPN running on it. I then connect my Pixel 2 XL to the VPN which uses Pihole's ad blocking. Works a treat!

You know I'm such a div. I've had Blokada running for 5 days and I only realised a few hours ago that I never enabled it. Now its working I havent seen an ad :o:o

Thanks for the help tho :)

Anyone know of a way to hide the clock on the lock screen on android oreo

I want on weekends to be free of time. I can hide it from the status bar but the lock screen is beating me.

Happy to swap to another lock screen if I have to and its easy enough to swap back on week days

Back
Top Bottom