New essential Android apps thread

Associate
What's the best music player app? I've got a S8 and currently use the Samsung Music app (music library on my SD card), but it doesn't support casting to ChromeCast Audio, so I have to use the SmartView option, which seems to stutter a fair bit.

I've dabbled with:

Google Play Music
Hifi Cast + DLNA
DsCast Music Player - Chromecast, DLNA, NAS
Pulsar Music Player - Audio Player, Mp3 Player
Music Player Pro
LocalCast for Chromecast

And none has really matched up to Samsung Music thus far.

Soldato
For music playback i recently switched from PowerAmp to Shuttle. I found since the update to Oreo 8.1 on my phone the notification tray and buttons were messed up. Didn't seem to matter which skin i tried, and i just hated the stock skins.

Took a little getting used to at first with Shuttle, but now finding it so much easier to add music to my playlist on the fly and ordering it.

Soldato
Has anyone else had their phone settings completely ****** by this latest update?

I've had apps installed that I don't want or approve (Wuntu, wtf is that?), vibrate turned on, message previews turned on, whatsapp now has a little bubble at the top of the screen showing the message, annoying pop-ups asking me if I want to use my Samsung account (no, **** off). I just want my settings the way they were 24 hours ago ffs.

Soldato
Has anyone else had their phone settings completely ****** by this latest update?

That depends. What update did you just get? Sounds like you have a Samsung, but then what network is it on. That's a specific update for your phone and network, so no, I won't have been as I have stock Android and don't have to deal with networks forcing apps on me.

Soldato

I've had apps installed that I don't want or approve (Wuntu, wtf is that?), vibrate turned on, message previews turned on, whatsapp now has a little bubble at the top of the screen showing the message, annoying pop-ups asking me if I want to use my Samsung account (no, **** off). I just want my settings the way they were 24 hours ago ffs.

Lol.

Wuntu = network three software. Can use ADB to uninstall if you can't do it on the phone. It's not bad though, I've had a few free Costas out of it.

Back
Top Bottom