New five pound note

Man of Honour
I got my first and only one after being robbed for some petrol at a motorway services the other weekend, it was nice to actually see one but I'd rather have no had to pay £1.30/l for bog standard unleaded to get it.

Man of Honour
I guess you paid for your tinfoil hat with cash too ?

You're being either foolishly ignorant, nasty or both.

Your accusation isn't just unfounded. It's blatantly impossible for it to be true and you should know that.

You're accusing someone of a wildly irrational belief in a ludicrously implausible conspiracy, but they're referring to something which is openly acknowledged by the organisations doing it. There is no conspiracy being claimed - it is being done and there is no attempt to hide it.

It's one thing for you to argue that you don't mind your every purchase being recorded, tracked, correlated with your movements and everything else it can be correlated with and generally mined and processed to gather as much information about you as possible for whatever purposes the organisations choose to use it for (most likely advertising or selling it to advertisers because that's profitable).

It's quite another for you to make an obviously untrue accusation solely for the purpose of slandering someone who hasn't adopted the modern fashion for thinking that privacy is an innately bad thing.

Associate
I'm a bit out of the loop with this fad of selling £5 notes it seems...

Can someone explain to me why people are demanding in excess of £800 for a £5 note? Surely our economy isn't thatbad?

Associate
I'm not unemployed, I pay all my taxes, and I don't do conspiracy theories. Just because you want to live in a cashless society doesn't mean everyone else wants to or has to.

Well, cheques are being phased out in 2018, I imagine cash has got a few more years left in it beyond that, but its going to be withdrawn in my lifetime.

Cash is very expensive to store, transport and process for businesses. Plus, goodbye cash-in-hand 'black economy' jobs thus generating more income for HMRC to pay for things like hospitals and schools.

Soldato
Well, cheques are being phased out in 2018, I imagine cash has got a few more years left in it beyond that, but its going to be withdrawn in my lifetime.

Cash is very expensive to store, transport and process for businesses. Plus, goodbye cash-in-hand 'black economy' jobs thus generating more income for HMRC to pay for things like hospitals and schools.

again, i can 100% guarantee that this will not happen.
Cash use is increasing year on year and is projected to do so for decades to come - it is seen as vital in monetary circles.

Soldato
isn't this nothing new?

we had the same thing a while back with the accidental undated 20p coins which ended up being worth a mint for a short while.

same thing again with the george best fivers, i have a couple stashed away somewhere.

if it becomes a rarity it accrues value because of that, especially the older it is, works for anything not just money

Soldato
Its only the AA01 and AK47 which seem to be worth anything to collectors and members of cartels so if yours isn't one of those they are not worth much and i am buying them at £4 per note.

Soldato
The people who bought the AA01 for +£100 are a bit special in the head it seems. There are plenty still on Ebay going for about £15

Back
Top Bottom