New ford focus RS

Soldato
Source?

I am sure I read that they were still not going to bother with 4WD due to the added weight and other complications that come with it.

Its all over the internet just search for new ford focus rs 2015, shares the same basic engine with the Mustang.

Associate
Auto express reported today that they had a preview and it's an all new 4WD system with 318BHP 2.3 L engine, I would have liked to see 350 but in about 30 mins we should have confirmation from Ford.

OcUK Staff
Its the 2.3l Ecoboost from the Mustang, a hugely tunable engine which will suite the RS perfectly, 4WD and around 400-450BHP will make the new RS one incredibly quick car at everything. :)

Soldato
Very interesting, i'm glad they've finally done 4WD as it was crying out for it and would have been left quite isolated as pretty much all the other hyper hatches have it now. I like that it's not quite as 'halfords special' in the looks department as the last RS as well.

Sounds like it should remap very well as it's got a larger turbo than the 2.3 in the mustang and bigger intercooler, i'd be fairly sure of 400bhp with a simple remap on them!

OcUK Staff
Very interesting, i'm glad they've finally done 4WD as it was crying out for it and would have been left quite isolated as pretty much all the other hyper hatches have it now. I like that it's not quite as 'halfords special' in the looks department as the last RS as well.

Sounds like it should remap very well as it's got a larger turbo than the 2.3 in the mustang and bigger intercooler, i'd be fairly sure of 400bhp with a simple remap on them!

Seems Ford are really going for volume sales on their performance vehicles with the Mustang going global and everything. They seem to be churning out good stuff! :)

Back
Top Bottom