New forum! Post bugs & errors in here *CHECK FIRST POST FOR ISSUES FIRST - P.S. THE MM IS OPEN*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
giphy.gif

Don
Soldato
Is it?

I absolutely detest it when a user says something like that to me as a developer, because they usually have absolutely no idea of the actual work involved never mind how simple they think it should be.
Yes, it is. JQUERY, simply HTML, take your pic. If you're taking longer than 10 seconds to fix it, you're in the wrong job.....Coding is not reinventing the wheel. There is no IP, it's lift and shift.

<a href="" accesskey="">Submit</a>

There, 10 seconds :p

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

No one cares apart from you Django. I'm not even adding it to the list of known bugs on purpose :D

Soldato
Hold on! ALT + S is the access key for here, it just doesn't work when you type in a message.

Test. Load the page, don't type anything in the reply and do ALT+S for Submit. You'll get an error that nothing has been entered.

Now reply to the thread and do ALT+S and nothing happens.

LOLROFFLCOPTERS

Soldato
2 things I've spotted / things I'm not keen on...

Browsing from a phone in portrait isn't a great experience right now, lots of wasted space with the Avatar/details sections being spread across the screen. Don't think it was like this earlier today! It's fine when landscape, looks the same as my pc (within reason)
Example below: (screenshot deliberately a bit with short posts just to really emphasise the waste of space!)
XLIfgmA.jpg

Quickreply section looks very "WIP"
Different shades of blue all over the place, with the lightest colour being the text background. Then the white icons above stand out like a sore thumb. I think having the background be the darker shade of blue to match the avatar surround + title would look better.

Subforum lists, the little drop downs to select them rather than them just being listed like before is annoying. I guess this is just preference though...

Just to add though, some positive news. Everything feels very snappy to use :)

Soldato
Just a suggestion. The little logo on the left of the forums to show if new posts have been made.. it's quite hard to differentiate between the light white and grey. Maybe it could be changed to the actual blue/red of the site logo ? It might just be me not being able to see it correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom