New forum! Post bugs & errors in here *CHECK FIRST POST FOR ISSUES FIRST - P.S. THE MM IS OPEN*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I don't know when this started happening, but I've only noticed it today. There an 'undefined' next to the date on every post.

KYJeAHy.png

Maybe try going into your "Browsing Preferences" on the forums and just hit save (assuming a time zone has been selected).

It's gotta be down to the time zone, as it should say the post time rather than "undefined".

Soldato
The biggest update to XenForo in a really long time went beta today.

OcUK is on version 1.5.10

The current 1.x version is 1.5.22, so it's quite far behind.

There's some really good new features in the 2.x branch.

A better more friendly mobile style
Retina avatar and smiley updates
Some really good editor upgrades and enhanced message editing
Alerts in the browser tab favicon
Reactions to posts (multiple options, not just like),
Emoji support and a full emoji picker
A REST API
Better password security options
Better PHP 7.x support
Ability to bookmark posts
Video upload
One click upgrades
Push notifications for desktop and Android.
Plus a ton of other stuff.

It would be a huge upgrade. Hopefully the admins can download the beta and have a look to start working on converting whatever customisations they have over to the new 2.x platform.

https://xenforo.com/community/forums/have-you-seen/

Last edited:
Don
The biggest update to XenForo in a really long time went beta today.

OcUK is on version 1.5.10

The current 1.x version is 1.5.22, so it's quite far behind.

There's some really good new features in the 2.x branch.

A better more friendly mobile style
Retina avatar and smiley updates
Some really good editor upgrades and enhanced message editing
Alerts in the browser tab favicon
Reactions to posts (multiple options, not just like),
Emoji support and a full emoji picker
A REST API
Better password security options
Better PHP 7.x support
Ability to bookmark posts
Video upload
One click upgrades
Push notifications for desktop and Android.
Plus a ton of other stuff.

It would be a huge upgrade. Hopefully the admins can download the beta and have a look to start working on converting whatever customisations they have over to the new 2.x platform.

https://xenforo.com/community/forums/have-you-seen/

One for @Matt O'Brien and @Dave M I think

Soldato
Yeah, it really is a massive step up, especially if you're you're still on 1.x

The whole 2.x feel is much more modern, but a lot of big boards seem to have held off upgrading until 2.1 comes out to see what's in it though.

It really does feel great. The editor is much improved in terms of features. You can adjust image sizes with a simple click and drag, insert tables, upload video (which can be offloaded to secondary storage such as AWS or Digital Ocean). Combined with the new reactions implementation and push and I think it's a really solid upgrade and will make forums feel a lot more 'live' and give the big social media platforms a run for their money.

It would be nice to get a few reactions on here. There's a lot of posts I'd love to rate as funny, like or react in other ways, but it feels weird and wasteful creating a whole new post just to include a smiley.

Caporegime
It would be nice to get a few reactions on here. There's a lot of posts I'd love to rate as funny, like or react in other ways, but it feels weird and wasteful creating a whole new post just to include a smiley.

Well there is already the ability to like posts but I think the mods conducted a poll on that already and people apparently didn't want it so it remains turned off.

Soldato
I know it's built into the software, but I must have missed that poll when they upgraded initially, otherwise I'd have probably voted like. That said, I can definitely understand why they didn't instate it to begin with because of how it was before and had been for years, adding a feature like that could certainly change the dynamic of a community. You definitely want to be conservative with adding new features when making major changes to a community as large as this.

I think that now a full reaction suite is available and users are so used to it on other platforms it would be a feature that needs careful consideration and re-addressing, if only to add the option to rate someones post as their post as it so bad they deserve to have someone poop through their letterbox ;)

Seriously though, I do get frustrated that I can't react to posts on here after someone has previously posted a smiley as a reaction to that post, as otherwise you'd end up with a dozen smileys which fills the thread with garbage. If the post in question is high quality, I'm sure the poster would appreciate those missed ratings and potentially post more helpful/useful/funny content in the future.

Soldato
Well there is already the ability to like posts but I think the mods conducted a poll on that already and people apparently didn't want it so it remains turned off.

another request for a Like/Thanks/Appreciation button for the same reason. Works ok on other forums eg The Gear Page. I don't see what the issue is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom