New forum! Post bugs & errors in here *CHECK FIRST POST FOR ISSUES FIRST - P.S. THE MM IS OPEN*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Soldato
There were a huge amount of things wrong with the old forum. The layout might not be to everyone's tastes but functionality is hugely improved.

functionality for who? not having a dig, just an honest question. from the user side of the new layout functionality seems awful, at least for me it seems that way (I appreciate there are bugs etc to be ironed out) i'm certainly willing to give it a while to see (hope and pray) it improves but if it's anything like the 'improved functionality' that was the webshop I fear my hopes may be dashed as that monstrosity has never gotten any better since release.

Associate
Why the need for change? there was nothing wrong with the old one. This is fugly... oh wait, didn't the shop suffer the same fate? Hands up who's call was this?

Soldato
The sense of entitlement from people in this thread is unreal. Whats even more shocking is some it is coming from who I thought were decent members! Remember people this place is a privilege not a right!

Entitlement vs expectations

(I don't mean expectations in the "demanding" sense, more, expectations of "this" or "that" will be improved vastly without the good things being scuppered)

Man of Honour
No Forum Jump combobox at the bottom of the page that lets you choose what forum you want to go to directly.

One good thing I have noticed is that you are now able to set max posts per page back to 100, you used to to be able to do this for a while and then it dropped to 80 for some unknown reason.

Soldato
The sense of entitlement from people in this thread is unreal. Whats even more shocking is some it is coming from who I thought were decent members! Remember people this place is a privilege not a right!

oh please, it's hardly a sense of entitlement. people have a right to be peeved when a forum they use and love turns into a cluster**** overnight. and i'ts hardly a privilege. it's not private or by invite only. anyone can see and read the info contained within - so we the members are hardly exactly privileged.

Last edited:
Sgarrista
Commissario

I've imported forums multiples larger than ocuk and not once have I ever seen a (currently 88) page long thread with so many complaints so quickly.

Regardless of privilege vs rights, as a leading tech company ocuk should have done this right first time round, not use the live migration as their as-hoc beta testing-as-you-go.

I'm disappointed more than annoyed. Considering I offered at one point to go up to ocuk HQ and discuss it with them free of charge (you know, with being the foremost expert in the world on importing to XenForo and all that as my job) because I wanted to see it implemented correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom