** NEW GIGABYTE ULTRAFORCE 9xx SERIES LAPTOPS!! **

Associate
Been set on the ASUS G751JY for a while but am slightly considering the P35W v3 with 970m for portability. Specifically not the P35X v3 with 980m as I assume it'd be a lot louder (fan noise) under load compared to the W. If anyone has the W on preorder, please could you report back to us on the fan noise -if you get it next week?

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi there, based on all the feedback provided so far I've placed a pre-order for your cf1 configuration. I do have a couple of questions:

(1) is it straightforward to replace the internal HDD with a SSD, e.g. A Samsung evo 840 for example? I am aware that the slot used for the dvd can be used to hold a SSD, but I'm more concerned about eliminating the HDD/moving parts to be honest.

(2) probs a question for overclockers, but what is the most economic and straightforward way for me to kit this laptop out with windows 8.1 pro?

Many thanks
Nige

Hi Nige,

Feedback from HQ:

1) Yes, you can just replace the HDD with a SSD which is 2.5” SATA interface and same size as the HDD (not a mini SATA card). It is feasible.

(2) If this end user already buy our NB with our Win 8.1 Standard version, he can buy a separate Microsoft Win 8.1 Pro upgrade kit. But this kind of upgrade kid can only Microsoft’s selling channels, not from OEM (like us).

Hope that clarifies for you.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Caporegime
Hi Cakefish,

Our warranty is global, so customer can use warranty in countries other than the original purchase country.

Please pass information on.

Thanks,

Gigabyte Uk NB Team

Hi Atom,

Can you please confirm the following:

1. Is the global warranty also valid in SwitzerIand, a country where your laptops are sadly not sold?
  2. Why are Gigabyte laptops not sold in SwitzerIand anywhere, when so many other competitors, including ASUS and MSI, are?

Cheers,

Rich. :)

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom,

Can you please confirm the following:

1. Is the global warranty also valid in SwitzerIand, a country where your laptops are sadly not sold?
  2. Why are Gigabyte laptops not sold in SwitzerIand anywhere, when so many other competitors, including ASUS and MSI, are?

Cheers,

Rich. :)

Hi Richdog,

1. Yes :) But it will needs to be send to the nearest service center if there is any problem. In this case it will be our service center in Hamburg, Germany.
2. In all honesty this may change in the future :) Let's see what will happen then :D

Best regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Hi again,

I've had people ask me whether they can use 2x16GB so-dimm RAM modules in this machine to allow for 32GB overall, as it has 2 memory slots. Is that possible?

Not that I personally need so much memory, I'm absolutely fine with 16GB!

Cheers

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi again,

I've had people ask me whether they can use 2x16GB so-dimm RAM modules in this machine to allow for 32GB overall, as it has 2 memory slots. Is that possible?

Not that I personally need so much memory, I'm absolutely fine with 16GB!

Cheers

Hi Cakefish,

Maximum memory in this unit is 16GB as supplied, 2 x 8GB. Doesn't support 32GB

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Hi Atom80

Is there news on availability of P35W CF1? Showing as overdue. Do you have a rough availability date?

I am waiting with my credit card in my hand!

Thanks

Caporegime
Hello,

I received my laptop yesterday, really happy with it so far. I have noticed the following NVIDIA promotion with all GTX 980M laptops (I'm eligible for): http://www.geforce.co.uk/pick-your-path-game-bundle

How can I go about getting a coupon code?

Regards,

Dan

Get on with the mini-review, and include some pics! :)

EDIT - Tsk, seems Cakefish has been giving the love elswehere... http://forum.notebookreview.com/gigabyte/764645-gigabyte-p35x-v3-owner-s-lounge.html ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom