New GMMK Pro - mechanical keyboard

Associate
If you could keep us updated on the delivery etc direct from Glorious that'd be great as I would like to know how much the import tax is, I'm very much considering just ordering direct as it might be a lot quicker than trying to be patient. The delivery experience just comes from the Glorious sub reddit page regarding DHL, ofc it's down to luck sometimes too but when it's a heft on mine on the line it changes the perspective on it.

Yeah will keep you posted as and when I hear more.

Just for a reference point, I had a Tokyo60 keyboard posted via Drop (in the US), that order came to £146 (after USD-GBP conversion) and the import tax was £38. They also used DHL. It started shipping in the US on 5th July, and arrived with me on 13th July.

My GMMK Pro from Glorious started shipping on 8th July, latest update was on 13th July that it was scanned into container to ship to UK. Expecting an update any day now.

Anyway, yeah, I'll update again once I have more info.

Associate
Same, I'd rather they give a realistic date and say "Most likely delayed 2 months" rather than slightly adjusting every couple of weeks to continuously disappoint me every week or 2.

Tell me about it, I'm getting traumatic flashbacks to my RTX 3080 delivery :(

Associate
Yeah will keep you posted as and when I hear more.

Just for a reference point, I had a Tokyo60 keyboard posted via Drop (in the US), that order came to £146 (after USD-GBP conversion) and the import tax was £38. They also used DHL. It started shipping in the US on 5th July, and arrived with me on 13th July.

My GMMK Pro from Glorious started shipping on 8th July, latest update was on 13th July that it was scanned into container to ship to UK. Expecting an update any day now.

Anyway, yeah, I'll update again once I have more info.

Just cancelled my order and have ordered directly through Glorious, hoping it doesn't take too long to deliver now. CS were pretty good about it all but by the sounds of it I would have waiting a few months for mine anyway being in the 2nd batch. I've kept my order for the keycaps on since I have faith in those arriving on time at least. Fingers cross the tax is around £30-£38 as you have previously experience too, when did you pay the tax btw, was it before you got it through the door or after?

Associate
Just cancelled my order and have ordered directly through Glorious, hoping it doesn't take too long to deliver now. CS were pretty good about it all but by the sounds of it I would have waiting a few months for mine anyway being in the 2nd batch. I've kept my order for the keycaps on since I have faith in those arriving on time at least. Fingers cross the tax is around £30-£38 as you have previously experience too, when did you pay the tax btw, was it before you got it through the door or after?

If it's just the barebones you order from Glorious, would you still get taxed? From what I understand, you don't pay more on items that cost under £135, not sure if that includes delivery cost as well though. The GMMK Pro looks to cost around £125 directly from Glorious + shipping

Associate
If it's just the barebones you order from Glorious, would you still get taxed? From what I understand, you don't pay more on items that cost under £135, not sure if that includes delivery cost as well though. The GMMK Pro looks to cost around £125 directly from Glorious + shipping

Not sure on that tbh but it was £150.65 with P&P to be exact with Paypal for anyone wanting to know. I mean it would be amazing if it didn't cost any tax but I'm no expert in that field to know for sure.

Associate
Looks like you would just pay VAT (https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty) but on the total value (item + P&P), and that this might be charged by the vendor at sale. This seems to show you don't pay duty on computer keyboards: https://www.trade-tariff.service.gov.uk/commodities/8471606000#overview

That first link to GOV.UK is the source I had found before, but I'm not smart enough to decipher half the language used on that website... it's not like the UK to make anything straight forward.

Associate
Just had en email from Glorious to say they're offering ISO directly now.

After seeing how the black has been delayed I've just ordered my white ISO directly from Glorious and will be cancelling my OC order.

Associate
Unless we get an update from OCUK soon, I'll probably do the same. The lack of communication, and the fact we can get them from Glorious now, is making this even more ridiculous.

Edit: Just went ahead and bought from Glorious. Would rather get a board within 3 weeks, than deal with more delays and lack of communication.

Last edited:
Associate
New to the thread, ordered black ISO! Emailed CS today and response was: ' Unfortunately our supplier were unable to provide us with stock on the date previously mentioned and we now currently are working with an amended ETA of 22-07-2021.'

So looking like Friday then it'll be an order from Glorious and another cancelled OCUK order.

Associate
New to the thread, ordered black ISO! Emailed CS today and response was: ' Unfortunately our supplier were unable to provide us with stock on the date previously mentioned and we now currently are working with an amended ETA of 22-07-2021.'

So looking like Friday then it'll be an order from Glorious and another cancelled OCUK order.

Good to see that some news is finally starting to come through...

I'm so close to going back and ordering with Glorious but I'm just more comfortable with OCUK handling the warranty stuff is something becomes faulty.

Associate
I was told 23/07 for Black ISO I pre-ordered on 19th March.

Would normally be gagging but as a new dad, I still have not found the time to finish lubing and filming my custom Zeal switches

Associate
Issue I have is I pre-ordered on the day that pre orders went live and cancelling now to still need to wait at least 3 weeks means probs not worth the risk. I'll see if it's cancelled again at start of August.

Associate
I was told 23/07 for Black ISO I pre-ordered on 19th March.

Would normally be gagging but as a new dad, I still have not found the time to finish lubing and filming my custom Zeal switches

With the OCUK communication the way it is currently, I'd be surprised if either of those dates are accurate...
I'm still waiting for them to put the ETA on the store page before I even start to believe it.

Associate
I cancelled my order too, given I ordered late and the quantity arriving appearing to be totally unknown as well as the complete lack of updates I felt OC didn't deserve to hold on to my money. I've went somewhere else which had much better communication. Even if I could've had my keyboard from OC by this weekend (as others have said I really wouldn't bet on this) I feel better giving my order to someone who actually seemed to care.

Associate
Called OCUK and they advised can't give a date when silver will be in stock but should be with them by the 7th. I looked at the Case king site and the silver ISO is expected to be in stock from the 20th of August there! Really don't know what to do. Should I just cancel my order and order a black one direct instead?
The lack of information is really stressing me out. OCUK did say I'd be in top 10 of first orders so I'm not sure what would be quicker

Associate
Called OCUK and they advised can't give a date when silver will be in stock but should be with them by the 7th. I looked at the Case king site and the silver ISO is expected to be in stock from the 20th of August there! Really don't know what to do. Should I just cancel my order and order a black one direct instead?
The lack of information is really stressing me out. OCUK did say I'd be in top 10 of first orders so I'm not sure what would be quicker

Caseking's estimate was part of the reason I went for Glorious direct. I can't see any reason OC would get it before them considering the black version is in stock on their site.

Candykeys also have black in stock but don't have an estimate or pre-order option for the white.

Back
Top Bottom