New Hitman game

Soldato
Oh my... Oh deary me, I'm in love.

Sod the random FPS drops (here and there, once in Paris at the water fountain and a tiny bit at the room with the bar).

I love it, I've finished the training missions and just did Paris for the first time. I'm not sure how people feel with spoilers about this game, so I'll put it in tags anyway.

I started the first missions in Paris. I had no idea the levels 'episodes' were so in depth! Just wow! I took out Viktor by fixing his bare knuckle drink and poisoning it. I hid in the nearest bathroom hoping he would visit. After a couple of minutes, he busts in puking all over... DROWN MOFO!

Then I moved onto the wife, Dalia. I overheard a conversation around the fashion guy possibly being friends with Dalia, so I found him out back by the chopper and just managed to clear the guards and take him out. Did the catwalk with makeup, met her and she met my fibre wire.

Overall score of 150,000, really, REALLY pleased with it. No bodies found, no none target deaths etc etc. Silent assassin, JUST how I love to play assassin games. Truly loving this, I can see now why you'd want to replay episodes as they are so well designed and so much fun!

So yea, I am hooked, I am so hooked, this could be my new time sink. Chasing those challenges are fun as well.

I'm not sure on the whole opportunity thing or the instinct. I used the opportunity part to kill my first target (Viktor) but did the second part (killing Dalia) ignoring the opportunity guide and just using intuition on what I needed to do.

One thing I'd like to stress to those who are on the fence, the episodes are NOT paced, they unfold as you walk around and at no point did I feel I had to rush to get the assassination. I could have spent ages working out what to do. And the game makes it subtly obvious enough that you don't feel lost. More like spoilt for ways to kill your targets.

STRONGLY suggest if you like slow paced assassination/stealth type games. I didn't even use the run feature!!!!!!

Soldato
Question, Is it worth just ploughing through the main story or is it advisable to play through previous missions to do other challenges in order to get better gear?

Associate
Absolutely in love with this game particularly for £20 its an absolute steal. The only let down is the anti copy protection which requires an always online to save its failed on me once so far in about 6 hours gameplay.

Soldato
Question, Is it worth just ploughing through the main story or is it advisable to play through previous missions to do other challenges in order to get better gear?
Gear is only applicable to the mission anyway. (ie if you want the sniper rifle in paris you need to level up in Paris until you get the drop location, which in turn will allow you to complete the 'sniper them in 10 seconds challenge' etc)
You can do either, but I think the most fun can be had by trying out all the challenges in a particular mission.

There are some items that can be unlocked regardless of mission (suits for example) but you normally have to do escalations or elusive targets for those.

Soldato
Yes this is my favourite game at the moment. Finally started Hokkaido, it's different in that it has a lot of indoors areas. So far so good, looks great and LOADS of ways to do everything, as usual. Game is very good with massive replayability.

Soldato
Gear is only applicable to the mission anyway. (ie if you want the sniper rifle in paris you need to level up in Paris until you get the drop location, which in turn will allow you to complete the 'sniper them in 10 seconds challenge' etc)
You can do either, but I think the most fun can be had by trying out all the challenges in a particular mission.

There are some items that can be unlocked regardless of mission (suits for example) but you normally have to do escalations or elusive targets for those.

Yea, worked this out in the end. I've been playing through the main missions, got 2 destinations left. Also been doing some challenges, such as the sniper both within 10 seconds. Awesome fun :)

Can someone explain the 1/5 missions to me please? I did one last night, did the first 2 assassinations out of 5. But after I quit, I couldn't see that tile in the menu any more.

Soldato
Yea, worked this out in the end. I've been playing through the main missions, got 2 destinations left. Also been doing some challenges, such as the sniper both within 10 seconds. Awesome fun :)

Can someone explain the 1/5 missions to me please? I did one last night, did the first 2 assassinations out of 5. But after I quit, I couldn't see that tile in the menu any more.

That sounds like the Escalations – they’re like bonus missions in each map. It will escalate each time, so the first one (1/5) is usually very basic e.g. kill one target. As it progressed through the levels it will get more challenging and complicated each level until level 5 where you might have to take out 3 or more targets with various conditions (e.g. you are not allowed change disguise) attached. Some of them are very hard by level 5 but some of them are also great fun and can be very different from the overall mission on each map.

They can give you a good understanding of a particular area of the map and the movements of the individuals within it, which is useful for the overall mission on that map.

Also there are challenges and steam achievements for completing certain Escalations.

Soldato
That sounds like the Escalations – they’re like bonus missions in each map. It will escalate each time, so the first one (1/5) is usually very basic e.g. kill one target. As it progressed through the levels it will get more challenging and complicated each level until level 5 where you might have to take out 3 or more targets with various conditions (e.g. you are not allowed change disguise) attached. Some of them are very hard by level 5 but some of them are also great fun and can be very different from the overall mission on each map.

They can give you a good understanding of a particular area of the map and the movements of the individuals within it, which is useful for the overall mission on that map.

Also there are challenges and steam achievements for completing certain Escalations.

I seeeeee, makes sense. I think my favorite area is Italy, I love how alive the town feels. Feels like there are so many ways around the level. Didn't like Marrakesh, it felt very... Linear. I'm sure it's not, but playing through it the first time, I felt a bit underwhelmed by it. I've not done the last 2 areas yet. Will tonight. Paris is a close 2nd as well, simply love that place! So big and so many ways around it.

Soldato
I seeeeee, makes sense. I think my favorite area is Italy, I love how alive the town feels. Feels like there are so many ways around the level. Didn't like Marrakesh, it felt very... Linear. I'm sure it's not, but playing through it the first time, I felt a bit underwhelmed by it. I've not done the last 2 areas yet. Will tonight. Paris is a close 2nd as well, simply love that place! So big and so many ways around it.

Yeah I love Italy alright, it really does remind me of the Amalfi coast, beautiful scenery and those little winding streets. And it’s a huge map with a lot of detail, took me months to get through most of the challenges in Sapienza, still haven’t gotten through them all (I’m saving a few). It took me months just to find all the disguises in Italy!

I like Bangkok too, it’s a hotel, but what a beautiful hotel, again with a lot of attention to detail. The level design in most of the maps is class.

Soldato
Yep the last level Hokkaido is beautiful too. Lovely level, and very different, and funny again, well worth a visit.

And Yuki is pretty sweet, such a shame.

Caporegime
Has anyone got this connected to their HDR TV tried HDR? It looked bloody awful on my LG B6. The Highlighted areas were obvious (lights, the bar area in Paris etc) but all the brightness has been drained out of each scene to the point where it all looked ridiculously dark

I only ran the benchmark, but it just wasn't right at all.

Back
Top Bottom