New Intel SSD Firmware available

I've updated mine and it seems okay so far.

My results from having the drive for about 8 months.

asssdbenchintelssdsa2m0.png

These are my results from September.

bencho.png

Writes seem to be slightly down from then, but reads are a fair bit higher.

Last edited:
Well I have just updated my laptop Intel 80GB SSD to this latest firmware update and the update went without any problems.

I am now just doing a diskpart secure erase with my Windows 7 DVD before restoring my Windows 7 install backup back on.

Just done my laptop and desktop pc (80gb and 160gb respectively). Dont use benchmark tools often and admit I didn't do any before benchmarks. However,the orgingal AS SSD benchmarks done only a few months ago were 350(80gb old laptop) and 407 (i5). The laptop is now at 320 and the dektop 325. Think I have run ASSD a few times on the dekstop in the past at it's ranged from 410 to 390.
One thing to note when upgrading the firmware on Win 7 machines is that after you boot back into windows, Windows installs something and then prompts you to reboot the machine. Not sure what's been installed. AS SSD still reports iaStor.

Just done my laptop and desktop pc (80gb and 160gb respectively). Dont use benchmark tools often and admit I didn't do any before benchmarks. However,the orgingal AS SSD benchmarks done only a few months ago were 350(80gb old laptop) and 407 (i5). The laptop is now at 320 and the dektop 325. Think I have run ASSD a few times on the dekstop in the past at it's ranged from 410 to 390.
One thing to note when upgrading the firmware on Win 7 machines is that after you boot back into windows, Windows installs something and then prompts you to reboot the machine. Not sure what's been installed. AS SSD still reports iaStor.

Windows will reinstall the SSD since the firmware has changed, it looks like a new device to Windows.

Oh of course, that would be why.

Worth noting also that a new version of the Rapid Storage drivers are on the intel website, dated december 2010 (version 10.​​1.​​0.​​1008). Installed these and just out of interest ran the benchmark again and it returned 353 on my desktop, howeverthis might have been because the wind was blowing in a different direction :p

Trying to update my X25. After the ISO loads I get the Message:

'Veryfying Pool Data...................
FreeDOS'.

Then nothing happens. The cursor will not accept any input. What am I doing wrong? I am using AHCI.

Thanks for the heads up! Wasn't expecting this at all. Update was painless. Nothing in the release notes to say as much but looks like they may have made a few tweaks to the performance? Some before and after shots...

80g2.jpg

160g2.jpg

Trying to update my X25. After the ISO loads I get the Message:

'Veryfying Pool Data...................
FreeDOS'.

Then nothing happens. The cursor will not accept any input. What am I doing wrong? I am using AHCI.

any ideas why

it cant detect any intel ssd ?

If you haven`t already tried this, Intel recommend turning RAID off in the bios if you have it enabled and try and set you hard drive controller in the bios to IDE/Legacy or IDE/Compatibility mode.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom